The Power Skater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

Its a peice of equipment I am thinking of getting for my son who is 9. In theory, it helps develop good skating technique. Has anyone ever used it or knows anyone who has & does it work?

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
get him lessons with a figure skating coach instead of some machine, im not kidding either, you will be shocked at how good he will become, it truly worked for me. also, by looking at the machine, does anyone think that the way the feet are set up initially that it might potentially cuase some problems? i mean, your feet should technically be like facing forward, not outward like they are in the picture

MikeS

Pensfan86 said:
get him lessons with a figure skating coach instead of some machine, im not kidding either, you will be shocked at how good he will become, it truly worked for me. also, by looking at the machine, does anyone think that the way the feet are set up initially that it might potentially cuase some problems? i mean, your feet should technically be like facing forward, not outward like they are in the picture

Feet looked fine to me. Looked like Laura Stamm's power skating stance...

Sammy*

Pensfan86 said:
He goes to power skating. It will be supplementing that, basically to try & improve the stride & posture (its a very hard thing to get a kid to improve his posture while on the ice).

Sammy*

WVpens said:
I doubt I'd want to use that thing if I was 9 years old. But if your kid is willing to use it regularly, I'd say go for it.
Oh , I agree with you. I have to be very judicious in trying to get him on it & then, it will have to be for very short periods of time lest he starts to hate it too much. I do have some optomisim though given that at the start of the year he hated power skating & now he kinda looks forward to it.
I think maybe a chocolate bar just out of reach while he is on the power skater may do the trick. ;)

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
MikeS said:
Feet looked fine to me. Looked like Laura Stamm's power skating stance...

no doubt that is what a good starting position would look like, standing on your toes with your skates making a V basically...but without question your feet should not look like that when you are completeing a stride, they should be facing forward, otherwise it will take away from your speed

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
your son is too young to be training like that. let him grow up a little bit and develop first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest