The Power Play

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
The power play has been dismal since the game vs the Pens. I feel that Tuch and Haula have been especially bad during the power play, but it's not as if we have other skilled guys to take their place. Maybe we should just run our normal top 2 lines on offense and defense instead of using an extra forward in exchange of a dman on the 2nd unit and an extra forward on the 1st unit as both aren't doing much. We can't gain the zone or cycle at all most of the time.

We should have even more wins if we were clicking on the PP. Maybe we have to trade for 3rd liner that is good on the PP or a dman that can qb the damn thing. I've been frustrated with the power play for some time, but tonight I've had enough. We should have won that game in regulation.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
The power play has been dismal since the game vs the Pens. I feel that Tuch and Haula have been especially bad during the power play, but it's not as if we have other skilled guys to take their place. Maybe we should just run our normal top 2 lines on offense and defense instead of using an extra forward in exchange of a dman on the 2nd unit and an extra forward on the 1st unit as both aren't doing much. We can't gain the zone or cycle at all most of the time.

We should have even more wins if we were clicking on the PP. Maybe we have to trade for 3rd liner that is good on the PP or a dman that can qb the damn thing. I've been frustrated with the power play for some time, but tonight I've had enough. We should have won that game in regulation.

I may agree with what you are saying. The PP is usually the last thing to click on a team, however. The Pens have the best PP% (26.5%) while VGK is ranked 21st (17.5%).

That said, the PK comes quicker and is so much more important: Kings have the best PK% (87.1%); VGK, 13th (81.7%)

NHL.com - Stats

Last edited:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Obviously, I want the PP to improve. However, I don't think it's a major issue that it's not spectacular. It's actually a good thing for the playoffs.

If they can work out the kinks prior to playoffs so they can take advantage, I'm happy. However, history has proven that a great PP can hurt teams in the playoffs that have a great PP and depend on it to win games. Once the playoffs start and the refs start swallowing their whistles and keeping their arms down, those teams tend to lose.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I wouldn't be opposed to calling up Jason Garrison from the Wolves to help out the PP. Especially with Sbisa and Merrill injured, he could be the 6th Dman. From what I remember of his time in Tampa, he has a big shot on the PP.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
With our PP woes, I was wondering if teams want to play us a little more aggressive. They certainly wouldn't be worried about having a PP against us.

The Garrison idea is an interesting one.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Garrison has a heavy shot. I hope if he is the pp qb, he drops bombs and either gets a good rebound or tip in for us or hurts the other team and they will think twice about blocking shots from the point.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I realize we need a guy, but are they hoping for some revenge work out of Jason? :laugh:

When you say revenge, was there a reason why Garrison hasn't played in Vegas this year? I can't remember if there was drama or pettiness ala Shipachyev with Garrison.

Or do you mean revenge against Tampa Bay?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
When you say revenge, was there a reason why Garrison hasn't played in Vegas this year? I can't remember if there was drama or pettiness ala Shipachyev with Garrison.

Or do you mean revenge against Tampa Bay?
Yeah, revenge against the Lightning.

The team tends to rally around players when they're playing their former team. Garrison hasn't had his revenge game yet.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
The PP looked good vs the preds but they were still unable to score on it. And the PP during the TB and panties games regressed even further. I wouldn't mind seeing Garrison getting a start vs the hurricanes and DE sit a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad