Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I just want McDavid's knee to hold up.

Positives:

Smith's puckhandling is infinitely better than most of our D's pucking moving skill so that's a bonus.
Neal >>>>> Lucic
No ChiaPet

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Canucks just waived Baertschi.

He's a good player but his problem is with injuries. He is healthy now though, I think if he stayed healthy and was in your guys top 6 he's be legit top 6 winger good for 45 - 50 points.
The risk though is that he gets hurt again which could easily happen

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Would you prefer I plaster false optimism all over the board? McDavid masks a lot of team problems and the roster is marginally better than last year.
I disagree in that the bottom 6 is waaaayyyy better. We still have our deficiencies sure, but I believe we will be a better team.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Canucks just waived Baertschi.

He's a good player but his problem is with injuries. He is healthy now though, I think if he stayed healthy and was in your guys top 6 he's be legit top 6 winger good for 45 - 50 points.
The risk though is that he gets hurt again which could easily happen

Ick. That guy has always come off as a Grade A douche (feminine hygiene product). Don't want him near the team.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I think we finish with 80 pts this season. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

We need a good winger or two to push Drai into that 2C spot and put him in a position to succeed. Also we need Koski to find his glove hand.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Ick. That guy has always come off as a Grade A *****e (feminine hygiene product). Don't want him near the team.
Hmm, he never struck me like that. Always positive in interviews and all that.
I mentioned him because wing depth is a struggle for the oil
He'd be better than Jurco, and Nygard hans't played an NHL game yet, better than Khaira (lived two houses down from me prior). etc.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Hmm, he never struck me like that. Always positive in interviews and all that.
I mentioned him because wing depth is a struggle for the oil
He'd be better than Jurco, and Nygard hans't played an NHL game yet, better than Khaira (lived two houses down from me prior). etc.

Maybe it's a face to hate ala Couture, but he's always come across very arrogant in his actions on the ice to me, but a lot of that goes back to him in junior, and perhaps I just haven't moved on.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Maybe it's a face to hate ala Couture, but he's always come across very arrogant in his actions on the ice to me, but a lot of that goes back to him in junior, and perhaps I just haven't moved on.
ya he does look like a prick hah

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
Vancouverite here.

Oilers/Canucks is actually a very competitive matchup these days.

I want the Oilers to turn it around. At the risk of beating a dead horse I just need to say that its awful and amazing to see how much Chiarelli & Co decimated the Oilers lineup. Even with McDavid and Draisatil you just look at those lines and they are almost a borderline AHL team.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Who's doing the GDT tomorrow?

I dont want the job but I'd volunteer a pic or two to help out if wanted

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Thanks for coming by, but I disagree on the borderline AHL team remark... our starting lineup right now is clearly good enough to be a middle-of-the-pack AHL team.

Vancouverite here.

Oilers/Canucks is actually a very competitive matchup these days.

I want the Oilers to turn it around. At the risk of beating a dead horse I just need to say that its awful and amazing to see how much Chiarelli & Co decimated the Oilers lineup. Even with McDavid and Draisatil you just look at those lines and they are almost a borderline AHL team.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I’m on the record as predicting Oilers finish at 83 points, out of the playoffs, let down by wildly inconsistent goaltending and a few injuries to a paper-thin defense.

Please, oh please, Oilers, prove me wrong!

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Time is running out for that "Holland will make a move by 3 PM Tuesday" prediction from (I think it was) Stauffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad