Pre-Game Talk: The post pre-season and pre-regular season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Any thoughts about the upcoming game on Wednesday against the Canucks....
Second game against the Kings on Saturday...

Oct 2: Vancouver at Edmonton
Oct 5: LA at Edmonton
Oct 8: Edmonton at NYI

Not a terrible schedule for the first 3. Not sure if Boeser will be back from concussion yet but he is skating.

Hint of the lineups? Will the Oilers make a trade by then?
Neal on second line and Smith in net (seems certain).? Will Kassian deke on his next breakaway again?

Already at an advantage over last year - opening an home instead of in Europe.

Will it be streamed? :sarcasm:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The only trade indication we have is Terry Jones’ spidey sense.... though I still wonder if Benning finds a new home.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Oilers generally have an easy schedule for the first month or two if I remember correctly. Hopefully they can take advantage of that.

Reactions: BlackDogg

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I can already feel dread settling in. I know it's preseason but it wasn't very inspiring.

I thought last game was pretty encouraging considering we had no McDavid, Nuge, Klefbom, etc.
I’ll wait until the first game for my dread to set in :laugh:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My impressions:

1. I think Holland sees a massive gaping hole at 3C that neither Haas or Cave will be able to fill.
2. I think Tippett is concerned over Nurse who has to extract his head from his ass and stop serving up softball turnovers that turn into game killing goals.
3. Smith will be our starting goaltender.
4. Our bottom 6 doesn't look any better than last seasons bottom 6 and will still struggle to score goals.
5. McDavid needs 200 points and Draisatl needs 100 goals for us to make the playoffs.
6. The PK looks markedly better.

I am being as positive as I can...

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
My impressions:

1. I think Holland sees a massive gaping hole at 3C that neither Haas or Cave will be able to fill.
2. I think Tippett is concerned over Nurse who has to extract his head from his ass and stop serving up softball turnovers that turn into game killing goals.
3. Smith will be our starting goaltender.
4. Our bottom 6 doesn't look any better than last seasons bottom 6 and will still struggle to score goals.
5. McDavid needs 200 points and Draisatl needs 100 goals for us to make the playoffs.
6. The PK looks markedly better.

I am being as positive as I can...

Yup.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you had to choose one based on preseason performance only...

Which gave you the most confidence.

1) oilers streams
2) Matt Benning
3) Bottom 6 play
4) Mikko Koskinen

Bottom 6 play. At least they don't like they'll be a collective -50 on the season.

If I had to rank them I'd go something like

Bottom 6 play
Oilers streams

Mikko Koskinen

Matt Benning

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Rough Canucks lineup for Wednesday

Ferland Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat JT Miller
Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen
Beagle Sutter Eriksson

Edler Tanev
Hughes Myers
Benn Stecher

Markstom / Demko

Pre-season stand out for the Canucks are Jt Miller (looks like 55 pts if stapled to Horvat) and Adam Gaudette (30 pt two-way 3C if he can carry on all season and not fatigue like last year)

Pre-season duds: Jake Virtanen. Lazy AF. so so bad
and Eriksson (slower every day)

hopefully its a good game

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Rough Canucks lineup for Wednesday

Ferland Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat JT Miller
Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen
Beagle Sutter Eriksson

Edler Tanev
Hughes Myers
Benn Stecher

Markstom / Demko

Pre-season stand out for the Canucks are Jt Miller (looks like 55 pts if stapled to Horvat) and Adam Gaudette (30 pt two-way 3C if he can carry on all season and not fatigue like last year)

Pre-season duds: Jake Virtanen. Lazy AF. so so bad
and Eriksson (slower every day)

hopefully its a good game
Boeser will be back in time for the game?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I can already feel dread settling in. I know it's preseason but it wasn't very inspiring.
What...you're taking a negative viewpoint on the season before it's even started?
tenor.gif

Reactions: booyakasha

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Not very inspired by the pre-season.. Hopefully they can get started on the right foot on Wednesday.

Athletic came out with a power rankings today as voted by their NHL writers. Oilers come in at 26th.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Not very inspired by the pre-season.. Hopefully they can get started on the right foot on Wednesday.

Athletic came out with a power rankings today as voted by their NHL writers. Oilers come in at 26th.

Sounds about right to me. We are who we are until the Oilers show that they are improved on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad