The Positivity Thread

Wabit

May 23, 2016

33358737.jpg

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
While our center depth does suck hard right now, I'm excited about the future of this team. So much talent in Kaprizov, Rossi, Fiala and Boldy.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Kaprizov and Fiala are great building blocks

Greenway - Eriksson-Ek- and Foligno line is probably one of, if not the best shutdown line in the NHL

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
It's really positive that the long term pieces appear to be playing well. JEEK, Fiala, Parise, Brodin, KK97, Suter, Dumba, Greenway, Spurge, Foligno, Sturm are all playing adequate to good hockey. The weaknesses are all pieces that are short term, fill in the holes, type players. It makes me believe in the vision and down the road future of the team.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Once the record is bad enough to secure a great pic, we will make a couple of minor tweaks and adjustments. The team will take off like a rocket.........

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Lizard...this time last year we were cursing him.

I tried to tell people he was playing with a bad arm.

Now being healthy he's back on his game. What's certainly positive is that he's having the best season of his career.

I'm looking forward to the playoffs, take a look at his stats there.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
- Team's playing well overall and is mostly being carried by players under 30.
- Kaprizov has exceeded what were pretty lofty expectations, and looks like a franchise player
- Goaltending is mostly a strength again, rather than a weakness
- The defense continues to be one of the better units in the league
- The forwards have been up and down, but usually they have at least one or two lines clicking
- I can't think of anyone that's been completely useless all year
- Coaching's been alright
- Pretty much a lock for the playoffs

There's a lot to feel good about, though it does kind of feel like we're on cruise control from here until the playoffs.

Reactions: 57special

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
- Kaprizov has exceeded what were pretty lofty expectations, and looks like a franchise player
- The forwards have been up and down, but usually they have at least one or two lines clicking

There's a lot to feel good about, though it does kind of feel like we're on cruise control from here until the playoffs.

Disagree on the bolded. Veterans have been very productive lately, and this team wouldn't have much success without them.

Speaking of players under 30, Fiala is flat out hurting the team these days with his turnovers.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Disagree on the bolded. Veterans have been very productive lately, and this team wouldn't have much success without them.

Speaking of players under 30, Fiala is flat out hurting the team these days with his turnovers.
I'm not dismissing the contribution of guys over 30, but with Staal and Koivu gone, the top-4 getting more evenly distributed minutes, and Parise spending much of the year on the 4th line it's a healthy shift from previous seasons.

Not every point that gets made on here goes back to Zuccarello.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.

Good take. I seen them ranked in the top ten in power rankings. Which doesn’t mean squat.
Getting really tired of playing the same teams over and over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad