The Positivity Thread

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
With so much negativity to the team (and amongst each other), it's easy to get lost and train our energy on hate. HFboards has always been the premier place for Oilers discussions and Donairs.
We all love the Oilers, we are extremely passionate about them and I hope no one takes hot headed opinions personally.

Remember, we're only one Super Donair away from being happy again. This is good yes?

I figure we need to take some positives so far this year so I'll start.

1) Brandon Davidson- Absolute gem. If he continues to learn and develop, we got a big, gritty, puck moving 2-3 defenceman.

2) Talbot- Took over the job, and looks steady. No longer a problem going into next year.

3) New Arena next year- Lots of good (better seating, food, entertainment) but the bad could be really bad. (Prices, traffic)

4) McJesus- As advertised. Foundation needs to be built around him, give him the captaincy.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Problem is we can basically /thread after your OP because you covered pretty much all the positives already.

The one thing I will add is that it appears that management and coaching sees the same things we see with this team for the first time since this whole thing got started.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Problem is we can basically /thread after your OP because you covered pretty much all the positives already.

The one thing I will add is that it appears that management and coaching sees the same things we see with this team for the first time since this whole thing got started.

haha ouch.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I like our jerseys

The team is still based in Edmonton, not Houston, Seattle, Kansas City, or even Quebec City

Our head coach and GM are legitimate

The sightlines aren't an issue at Rexall and looks like they won't be an issue at Rogers Place

We have 3 legitimate #1 Centres for the first time probably ever and they're all young

The other Canadian teams aren't doing that much better than us.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
I like our jerseys

The team is still based in Edmonton, not Houston, Seattle, Kansas City, or even Quebec City

Our head coach and GM are legitimate

The sightlines aren't an issue at Rexall and looks like they won't be an issue at Rogers Place

We have 3 legitimate #1 Centres for the first time probably ever and they're all young

The other Canadian teams aren't doing that much better than us.

Exactly, most good teams have at least 3. SJS is playing Logan Couture on the third line and moved up in a game as a winger if the other lines are struggling.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Although it is imbalanced, we have one of, if not the, most valuable rosters in the league. Some beauty players on great contracts.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Brossoit looked very good in his start again this year. Think we got a player there.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
I was at the game last night, and when ID'd at the beer line with my buddy, the conversation goes something like:
"Good thing you asked, we at the AGLC take this seriously" I said
"Haha" one concession worker nervously laughs
"but are you really with AGLC?" says the other
" I just respect people who do their jobs well, and we're not really allowed to say" I reply

Few seconds go by, 4 beers are poured and handed over to us. Both concession workers seem somewhat rattled, forget to ask for money, and let us walk away. To be honest, neither of us remember to pay nor did we even notice till back at our seats.

We then proceeded to spend the $40 we saved on 3 pizzas, a pretzel, nachos.

It felt like a win at Rexall last night.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I was at the game last night, and when ID'd at the beer line with my buddy, the conversation goes something like:
"Good thing you asked, we at the AGLC take this seriously" I said
"Haha" one concession worker nervously laughs
"but are you really with AGLC?" says the other
" I just respect people who do their jobs well, and we're not really allowed to say" I reply

Few seconds go by, 4 beers are poured and handed over to us. Both concession workers seem somewhat rattled, forget to ask for money, and let us walk away. To be honest, neither of us remember to pay nor did we even notice till back at our seats.

We then proceeded to spend the $40 we saved on 3 pizzas, a pretzel, nachos.

It felt like a win at Rexall last night.
Holy **** lol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nurse, for his very obvious struggles, is showing glimpses of the kind of player he could become, and it's very exciting.

To think he might have that speed, size and skill with that kind of a mean streak is awesome.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
We have Jultz, Nikitin, and Scrivens coming off the books this year.

And only 1 more year of Ference.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
A big positive is that we are getting closer to the drastic changes this team needs than we have been since 2010. The weak links of the organization, from brass to the roster, are being pointed out and pushed aside (Stu McGregor, Jultz, etc), and some semblance of competence will have to start to creep in. Changes are coming. That's a positive.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Just thought of another one, it's positive the Canucks/Leafs and Flames are as bad as us.

Also positive that we have some cap room when we move a "core" player and maybe take a run at Stamkos...:yo:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Just thought of another one, it's positive the Canucks/Leafs and Flames are as bad as us.

Also positive that we have some cap room when we move a "core" player and maybe take a run at Stamkos...:yo:
Matthews - McDavid - Stamkos

Book it ;)

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I don't think you can overstate how great it feels to have a competent GM and coach.

An added positive to the positive thread is the posters who are not posting here who post in almost all other threads. Kudos to you good sirs for keeping the bile and anger out of at least one thread on HFOil. :laugh:

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
positive?

I think Heavy Metal, right now, is the best metal produced since the heyday of the early 80s. bands like Avenged Seven fold, Disturbed, Atrayu, Seven Dust, and many more, are really putting out some great stuff.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Draisaitl and McDavid are both putting up 53% Corsi numbers and McDavid's high-danger scoring chance +/- leads the team with +25.

They're both under 21 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad