GDT: The Positive Train's Next Stop is: Your New Jersey Devils @ Columbus Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The part I bolded is important. The fact we got blown out is better than a heart breaking loss. Why? Well a lot of the time teams go on tears after blowout losses. Had it been a heart breaking defeat, it would be demoralizing. And they would have to think about it which could end up be mentally draining. A blowout loss just means you can throw it out and start fresh, and ready to play tomorrow night pissed off.

Or a loss like this could lead to a downward spiral, and help the tank. Win-win if you ask me. :D

I do hope to see the team go on a tear after this. We really need to string some wins together here.

Camille the Eel

Mental tiredness is a factor in coming out flat. We came out flat against the Rangers and Islanders too. It's getting to be a habit.

What I can't figure out after last night, is how good or bad or whatever is Columbus right now? They are what, 9 -2 and 3 or something in the last 14 games. Beat the Rangers badly this week also at MSG. The D man (Jones) they picked up from the Predators for Johansson looked like a stud in the first period last night (at which point I turned the game off!). But if you only judged by the 1st period, you might have said we got our butts kicked by a better team. Bigger, stronger, more skilled.

I know we came back at them in the second, but how much of that was them just letting up?

Columbus might be very good right now against other people than just us.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Mental tiredness is a factor in coming out flat. We came out flat against the Rangers and Islanders too. It's getting to be a habit.

What I can't figure out after last night, is how good or bad or whatever is Columbus right now? They are what, 9 -2 and 3 or something in the last 14 games. Beat the Rangers badly this week also at MSG. The D man (Jones) they picked up from the Predators for Johansson looked like a stud in the first period last night (at which point I turned the game off!). But if you only judged by the 1st period, you might have said we got our butts kicked by a better team. Bigger, stronger, more skilled.

I know we came back at them in the second, but how much of that was them just letting up?

Columbus might be very good right now against other people than just us.

As big of an egg we laid last night, CBJ has acutally been on a bit of a good run...they're 6-1-3 in their last 10

That's not to say we weren't putrid, but this is a pretty good point

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
As big of an egg we laid last night, CBJ has acutally been on a bit of a good run...they're 6-1-3 in their last 10

That's not to say we weren't putrid, but this is a pretty good point

This is the time of the year when teams who are 100% out of it often play well. Zero pressure now.

5thLiner

Didn't draft a Finn
Oct 14, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I wouldnt say many of us hate the Blue Jackets. We all dislike Torts, and I personally despise Dubinsky. You guys have our number for sure though which is annoying

Oh no, most of you guys are fine! I was mainly talking about Bleedred. I don't mind you guys. We both hate the Rags and the enemy of my enemy is my friend :)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not surprised that much of the outcome.

Devils simply cannot beat Torts since he left the Rags.
They also don't beat Cbj very often, if at all lately.

Yeah, horrible/embarrassing game but coming off a tremendous effort & win vs the Rags, I'm not too bothered by it.

Remember to take the long view, Trust the Process.

The Torts thing doesn't bother me until he actually beats us in a game that matters for his team as well. If their fans were like many of ours they'd be lamenting lost draft position. We punked him in 2012 (and 2003/2007 as well btw) and since then sadly we haven't had many games that really mattered.

And yes losing to CBJ isn't just a Torts thing either, losing three of four to them two years ago with Curtis McIlhenny playing many of the game cost us a playoff spot.

Yeah I don't think this has as much to do with Torts as it does that we can't beat that team at all. We did beat Torts once in his last season with the Rangers, after the playoff series. So it's not like we never have beaten him since. And we haven't had too many more wins over the Blue Jackets period. We need a 1-0 shutout to beat them, since we can't score more than one goal against them. Our last win was a 1-0 shutout last year. Maybe 2-0 with an empty net.

And Torts isn't an NHL caliber coach anymore. DD, you don't think Columbus could have won last night's game against us with any bum behind the bench? I think they could have won the game being coached by a lucky fan that won a contest to coach for a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad