The playoff teams in the West have officially been set.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
People were complaining how easy the Atlantic is, 90 points clinches a playoff spot in the West. Even less, because most likely the Kings won't win all their remaining games...

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
People were complaining how easy the Atlantic is, 90 points clinches a playoff spot in the West. Even less, because most likely the Kings won't win all their remaining games...

If you are going to slam the West, at least get it right... it could be that as few as 82 points might net you a playoff spot in the West. I am fairly certain that it was deemed that the Pacific was going to be the worst division in hockey this year.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I think that top 6 stay the same and two wild cards switch so they change divisions. Should be some interesting series.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
The reverse jinx has been set!

wut. there has to be a cursed poster saying this for it to be a jinx or reverse jinx. my record is clean. just making a prediction. sj and ana are never safe bets and the oilers haven't made it before. the other side of the bracket could kill them if they have to go through the central tho.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
If you are going to slam the West, at least get it right... it could be that as few as 82 points might net you a playoff spot in the West. I am fairly certain that it was deemed that the Pacific was going to be the worst division in hockey this year.

WTF are you guys talking about? EVERY one of the West clinchers has more than 90 points. Kings are next in line but they have been eliminated.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
It would be terrible for tv viewing if the Flames end up in the second wild card spot.

Right now everybody stays within 1 hour of their time zone and no western Canadian games would conflict with eastern Canadian games. But if the Flames end up playing the Hawks goodbye to that, it would ruin the scheduling.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
WTF are you guys talking about? EVERY one of the West clinchers has more than 90 points. Kings are next in line but they have been eliminated.

he means for the teams that make it playoffs they could have also done so with as low as 82 points if the Kings or Jets don't get there.

It will be more than likely around 85 or so depending on how many points the Jets and Kings get until the end of the year.

It's a pretty low number for the 1st missing team. It's usually higher.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The west playoff teams are 137-89-26 vs the east tho.

If you do the opposite then the East playoff teams are 129-70-23 against the West which is a much better point % so I'm not exactly sure what your point is

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
If you do the opposite then the East playoff teams are 129-70-23 against the West which is a much better point % so I'm not exactly sure what your point is

point is both are winning records, and points percentage means **** in the playoffs. good teams are good.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
point is both are winning records, and points percentage means **** in the playoffs. good teams are good.

sorry, the East one is a much better win% as well if that's what you want to go by.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

Someones math is off. The west havent played the east more than the east have played the west. Too lazy to check myself.

NeverTriggered

Jan 15, 2017
Someones math is off. The west havent played the east more than the east have played the west. Too lazy to check myself.

East has 16 teams and west 14.
Eastern playoff teams play 8*14*2=224 games against west during the season and the western playoff teams play 8*16*2=256 games against east.

But like mentioned earlier, point% means nothing when the playoffs start.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
It would be terrible for tv viewing if the Flames end up in the second wild card spot.

Right now everybody stays within 1 hour of their time zone and no western Canadian games would conflict with eastern Canadian games. But if the Flames end up playing the Hawks goodbye to that, it would ruin the scheduling.

What are you talking about? The last several years all the Central teams have had 8:30 local starts (unless they were a weekend and they were a day game), meaning that the Edmonton/Calgary games would still start at 7:30 MT, or maybe 8:00 MT. This is perfect for Western Canada, terrible for the Central teams.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
he means for the teams that make it playoffs they could have also done so with as low as 82 points if the Kings or Jets don't get there.

It will be more than likely around 85 or so depending on how many points the Jets and Kings get until the end of the year.

It's a pretty low number for the 1st missing team. It's usually higher.

It wasn't higher last year

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario

And next year they get Las Vegas to pad their stats.

The Atlantic is stronger top to bottom than both West divisions.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Hawks are the only real challenger in the West this year. They'll walk into the finals. West is a mess top to bottom right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad