The Playoff Avatar Thread! 2020-2021 edition

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
This is cute.

If you want folks to know you're parodying an old show, might use something like this for the first image:
upload_2021-5-6_12-13-58.png

That really looks like Heaters tho. Probably best to shrink the magnifying glass to make it look more like the C.

In any case, very funny and well done. I love taunting the weauxf gods.

I'm kinda committed to my throwback logo though.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm going against Jesper Fast on this one so that says a lot about you guys.

Also I won't be liking anyone's posts for reasons that I definitely cannot discuss without my legal team present!

It also *definitely* had nothing to do with Tom Wilson.

I'll get you to like something. Don't play hard to get with me. If you do, a life-sized fathead of NYR Jagr being sent to your door is at stake here

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Updated version of the Stamkos one. Should be more readable when shrunk down to the board size, and also small enough file size now. Adding more to this post as I go:

Stamkos to Toronto
xg07BDx.gif

Kucherov LTIR
FoA0mWZ.gif

Drouin
L4Bbu5R.gif

Taxes
JuaODeG.gif

Vasilevskiy
TiIeiF8.gif

Hedman
UweqrFM.gif
My only gripe is that its a lot of small text to read in quick bursts.

Otherwise, great freakin' job

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
We should add Tampa trades for LTIR players cheat.

Or a Lightning Legends: Sam Gagner, Kyle Quincy, Marion Gaborik, Nilsson, Cheaters.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
My only gripe is that its a lot of small text to read in quick bursts.

Otherwise, great freakin' job

A lot of these are hard to explain without text unfortunately. But if people are patient enough to sit through a couple cycles it'll be okay I guess.

We had the cheat code theme a few seasons ago. Think they’d notice if we reuse it?

But... that would be cheating! :naughty:

It was in!
4Y8JD59.gif

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I might fancy myself a Quincey for Vasilevskiy one if no one has it booked yet. Gotta say goodbye to my long streak of Paquette avatars this year. Sad stuff.

Actually no I'll leave that for someone else. I saw some people really offended by the Savard trade so I'll go with that.

'Tampa doesn't have cap space for TDL moves'
'David Savard for 25% the salary'
'Cheaters'

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
For my part, I stuck with my Knuckles avatar last year, and with 2020 firmly behind us now, I'm going back to what worked for me personally.

That avatar is pretty much the quickest way to identify me anywhere, btw. On pretty much any forum I regularly visit, that's my avatar, so if you see Knuckles flying through the Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic 2...I say hello.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I might fancy myself a Quincey for Vasilevskiy one if no one has it booked yet. Gotta say goodbye to my long streak of Paquette avatars this year. Sad stuff.

Actually no I'll leave that for someone else. I saw some people really offended by the Savard trade so I'll go with that.

'Tampa doesn't have cap space for TDL moves'
'David Savard for 25% the salary'
'Cheaters'
I technically grabbed the Vasi one for myself but I can switch (Edit: I'm gonna go with the retro one now). I'll make the Savard one, though!

Savard
cqKxmMx.gif

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
@Hoek

Yet another bad idea from yours truly. It's been suggested a few times we get the word "Haters" in the final slide of the Avi and it reminded me of those old Chappelle show skits with the Haters and it's technically not impossible to dress one up like a Leaf fan, drop some uneducated diss and the last slide say "Haters" hosted by JBB too

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I technically grabbed the Vasi one for myself but I can switch (Edit: I'm gonna go with the retro one now). I'll make the Savard one, though!

Savard
cqKxmMx.gif
I'll leave that for you, I really like this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad