The player you really disliked, but now respect

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
As most people stated, Marchand

Hated Jamie Benn when he first came in but i love the grit and high level of play he brings now

Crosby as well. Hated him for being too soft but the guy's an animal and a workhorse have to respect that

PK Subban. Hated him for being a disrespectful kid when he entered the league, his little conflict with Lidstrom rubbed me the wrong way. But he's more grown now and what he does for the community in Montreal

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Drew Doughty - I used to dislike him for his chirping and big hits against my fav players and team but now Ill admit that hes just too good to dislike and I have huge respect for his game

and Ryan Garbutt - totally different player than he was in 2014. He plays a much cleaner game now and is a pretty good bottom six grinder but he was way more effective in the 2014 playoffs against us than he is now playing for us and its a little disappointing.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Drew Doughty - I used to dislike him for his chirping and big hits against my fav players and team but now Ill admit that hes just too good to dislike and I have huge respect for his game

and Ryan Garbutt - totally different player than he was in 2014. He plays a much cleaner game now and is a pretty good bottom six grinder but he was way more effective in the 2014 playoffs against us than he is now playing for us and its a little disappointing.

Does he really?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Jagr. Always admired the talent, but he was a big ego. He has changed, and now he's basically loved by everyone.

Also PK Subban. I didn't like his attitude in his firsts years, but now I respect him as one of the best D in the league.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Lucic used to hate him...nope scratch that still hate him.

Gonna go with the op and say neil...I hate/hated him but would gladly put him on the sabres 4th line this second.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
For me this usually happens when a rivalry dies down, but could also happen after a trade. I'll just start us out with Chris Neil. Mad venom for him in the past, but the fact he's held on so long, with the same toughness is unreal. The was a time I hated his face, but now am happy to see him do well. A definite flip-flop. Still a little salty about the Drury hit, though.

Three top answers:

1. John Scott
2. Jaromir Jar
3. Phil Kessel

These players went from generally accepted negative attention to darlings.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Couture for me, his face is just so damn fist friendly.

I have really come to appreciate his game. The guy is one of the most versatile forwards in the league.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Three top answers:

1. John Scott
2. Jaromir Jar
3. Phil Kessel

These players went from generally accepted negative attention to darlings.

Disagree about Kessel. Many people always loved him and a bunch of the idiots that used to hate him still do

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Datsyuk and Kane (on the ice). Both play for rival teams of St. Louis, have had a lot of success against the Blues as well, but at some point you have to respect their abilities on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad