The play of Toronto born NHL players against the Leafs vs playing for them

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I can't remember if I heard this on TSN Radio or Sportsnet Radio, but someone from one of those stations said when players from the Toronto area come back to play in the Air Canada Centre they always seem to get up more for those games and always manage to score against the Leafs. For example they mentioned how Matt Moulson always seems to score against the Leafs and Tyler Seguin doing the same thing during his time with the Bruins. It was also mentioned that when those players choose to sign with Toronto their play isn't the same and they don't produce the same numbers, so they were bringing up David Clarkson. So do you think when playing against the Leafs players from Toronto area play a different type of game against them, compared to coming home and playing a full 82 games with the Leafs?

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I can't remember if I heard this on TSN Radio or Sportsnet Radio, but someone from one of those stations said when players from the Toronto area come back to play in the Air Canada Centre they always seem to get up more for those games and always manage to score against the Leafs. For example they mentioned how Matt Moulson always seems to score against the Leafs and Tyler Seguin doing the same thing during his time with the Bruins. It was also mentioned that when those players choose to sign with Toronto their play isn't the same and they don't produce the same numbers, so they were bringing up David Clarkson. So do you think when playing against the Leafs players from Toronto area play a different type of game against them, compared to coming home and playing a full 82 games with the Leafs?

i just wanna win .....tired of being a ***** at trade deadline or artificial deadlines ,this club is in a playoff fight .......i dont care if u come from mars or live on the danfotth .....time for players to man up and leafs management to lower the boom ,the best thing ive seen this regime do is cultivate the marlies ,this club is oozing with decent dfenceman .IMO STWEART PERCY and GRANBERG could likley play bottom 6 right now .....these players are basically growing up in toronto .....its all bull ....u get to play ....IF YOUR A ***** GO TO FLORIDA OR THE ISLAND ....collect your money ,the deal is whoever wins the next cup in toronto will be legends and worthy of it ......

Kyle Doobas*

That's because you tend only to notice when Toronto-born players have a good game vs. the Leafs. There are plenty of guys from the area who come into the ACC and don't do ****, it's just never brought up as a talking point by the commentators. Matt Moulson has just as good, if not better, a PPG average vs. the Hurricanes, Rangers, Stars, Ducks, Oilers, Jets, Bruins, Flames, Blackhawks, Kings and Canucks as he does vs. the Leafs.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
That's because you tend only to notice when Toronto-born players have a good game vs. the Leafs. There are plenty of guys from the area who come into the ACC and don't do ****, it's just never brought up as a talking point by the commentators. Matt Moulson has just as good, if not better, a PPG average vs. the Hurricanes, Rangers, Stars, Ducks, Oilers, Jets, Bruins, Flames, Blackhawks, Kings and Canucks as he does vs. the Leafs.

Bingo.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Spezza, Boyes and Matthias all played at the ACC recently. I don't recall them having good games.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

When Players come to town it's a special night, playing here every night takes the shine off of that.

Same logic applies to the crowd at the ACC vs crowds in Buffalo/Ottawa.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Toronto's defense sucks. It's not so much that they get up to play in Toronto in front of their families as it is taking advantage of a defense that doesn't know how to play defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad