OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Per these last two posts, just because I'm confused in reading them... Meyer and his wife are not divorced. It doesn't really matter as regards the Zach and Courtney Smith stuff and his continued (or not) employ at Ohio State, but just for clarity.

I'm a Pittsburgher who lives in Columbus but didn't attend OSU and only follow what's happening there as a general sports fan and someone who lives in a place surrounded by fans, so I have no vested interest in this working out one way or the other. Meyer has always seemed kind of like a jerk to me, but I don't know the guy and have only encountered him in a professional setting a couple times. I think the university is just looking at optics at this point.
My mistake, I thought it was stated that Meyer and his wife were also divorced.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Regretfully changing the topic back the Le'veon.

But I guess he released a new album today or yesterday, and people are already up in arms. But it's not about the steelers.

A snippet of lyrics from one song that has people steamed is

"All these women trying to have my baby. Better not make me pull a Shady"

Apparently referencing McCoy who is being accused of sending a sort of hit man after one of his ex's to steal back all the jewelry and expensive stuff he bought her, while together.

If it's not one thing it's another.:popcorn:

Wow.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Easiest game of the year against the Bears last year and Tomlin had his team hyper-focused with politics and results were self evident. The Steelers played sloppy, mistake filled losing football.

That one game was the difference between them playing an easier draw in their first playoff and having home field advantage to a Super Bowl appearance. It was all set up for them and they squandered a golden opportunity.

I could on and on about how Tomlin's actions have changed my opinion of the Steelers and the NFL, but who cares about that and it really doesn't matter. Point is Tomlin is an embarrassment and a fraud. I don't trust a word he says and clearly has priorities in his personal life that are detriment to his professional life.

Even if you agree with his side of the issues, how injecting those beliefs into a football environment serviced no purpose other than destruction and dividing.

my two cents.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Easiest game of the year against the Bears last year and Tomlin had his team hyper-focused with politics and results were self evident. The Steelers played sloppy, mistake filled losing football.

That one game was the difference between them playing an easier draw in their first playoff and having home field advantage to a Super Bowl appearance. It was all set up for them and they squandered a golden opportunity.

I could on and on about how Tomlin's actions have changed my opinion of the Steelers and the NFL, but who cares about that and it really doesn't matter. Point is Tomlin is an embarrassment and a fraud. I don't trust a word he says and clearly has priorities in his personal life that are detriment to his professional life.

Even if you agree with his side of the issues, how injecting those beliefs into a football environment serviced no purpose other than destruction and dividing.

my two cents.

Agreed but they had to do something. Every team was. Traitorson said on Undisputed they all agreed players and coaches to stay in the tunnel. But somehow Tomlin and a few coaches ended up on the field. I think that made him lose a lot of respect for Tomlin.

Reactions: Kip Drordy

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
More interested in Cleveland's game than the Steelers tbh. Not much to see with so many guys likely not playing other than Rudolph

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Man I have I missed the bubble screen . . .

Conner apparently needs work picking up a blitz. Yikes

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Good thing the Steelers boast about how physical their training camps are. Otherwise they might be bad at tackling :sarcasm:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Turd of a pass by Jones plus bad defense plus nice grab by JuJu = TD. Looking forward to seeing how Washington fares too.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Can’t watch this game but I see the Stillers D is in its usual fine form letting a TE catch like 6 balls in the first half....lol

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Can’t watch this game but I see the Stillers D is in its usual fine form letting a TE catch like 6 balls in the first half....lol

Always hard to tell in preseason, but I can't see how the D will improve much over the post-Shazier ****show they fielded last year.

Team also hasn't mastered the fine skill of lining up for the other team's extra points yet.

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Couple of things stand out.

Secondary is much more athletic, really like Allen but I'm biased with him.

Matakevich is someone I always had hope for, he can't NFL. Too stiff, can't turn, they must move on from him now.

Dobbs... athletic, smart, but barely a number 3. Looking forward to seeing Mason.

71 on the oline looks good.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Nice grab by Patterson. He didn't come back on the Int earlier in the quarter, so he made up for it.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
and theres the Rudolph to Washington connection.

Thats why these games matter this year. Most important preseason weve had in a long time.

With all these new additions, and the changing of our defensive schemes. New O coord as well.

Reactions: domaug
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad