OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Would have been nice if Landry got more PT during his career so we could trade him. After teams seeing Foles win a superbowl his stock would have went up.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
not sure about how that guy got hurt but it doesn't look good. he didn't move his one leg.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Patterson looking good so far. and had a great camp. We are stacked at WR but he could make the team.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
the one Steelers receiver, didn't catch his name but he initially didn't move his one leg. probably wasn't that serious though.

as long as it wasnt patterson or washington. maybe Tucker who has a decent chance as well. with eli still hurt. time to move on from DHB and Hunter if he cant put up numbers in these games.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm not sure what you're watching. He looked solid with very little blocking. He had zip on certain passes that required, and he through a lollypop to Washington because those two know that works.

He hated him since drafted. Give it time.

Getting a QB prospect like Rudolph in the 3rd was ridiculous...nothing to hate about it.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I liked Ridley. Fumbles are a concern for him though. But he's behind Touissant, who will only be remembered for his fumble against the Broncos.

Reactions: Kip Drordy

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I liked Ridley. Fumbles are a concern for him though. But he's behind Touissant, who will only be remembered for his fumble against the Broncos.

I think he brings a ton more than Touissant, I really like his jump tonight.

Rudolph is the real deal. Lots of poise in the pocket, that's the first thing I look for with a young QB> I hope he gets better reps with better players next week.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Thats still the main(and probably only) reason Ive wanted Touissant gone. Had that game won. With Brown and Williams coming back the following week.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I think he brings a ton more than Touissant, I really like his jump tonight.

Rudolph is the real deal. Lots of poise in the pocket, that's the first thing I look for with a young QB> I hope he gets better reps with better players next week.
no need to rush ...still has lots to learn. imo

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I laugh my ass off at anyone who complains about Rudolph's passes/arm strength. What impressed me about last night was his poise within a pocket (that was always collapsing per the norm with 3rd and 4th string OL) and his ability to get the ball out, even the few times when he was getting hit, he didn't take a sack. He threw it at somebody's feet. Don't take the big loss. First pass was a complete drop. His passes varied in terms of velocity which is something I've spoken on numerous times. He zipped more than couple (especially the incomplete to 83 in the end zone which was simply to low, had nothing to do with arm strength) but also had some where he took heat off the passes to underneath routes, which you don't always see from young QB's. Most kids just want to sling it 100 MPH everywhere.

Really the only gripe I have is he obviously will be a work in progress coming from under center (footwork) and ball security. Obviously the botched snap is stuff that will be cleaned up with more reps. But other than that, just make sure you secure the ball. He didn't throw a single egregious pass IMO. His accuracy was on display, be it over the middle or to the outside.

He never had elite arm talent but it's good and given his other qualities is more than enough to be succesful at this level IMO. Watching him and Lamar Jackson operate for the first time on an NFL field was night and day. Completely different universes when it comes to pocket awareness and throwing the ball.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
My level of care about the Steelers have reached Pirates level..(root for them because its for Pittsburgh but not emotionally in it)

Thank the mother of GOD the Rooooonies don't own the Pens. Bylsma would be still coach and it would be pure misery. It would make Bill Murray in groundhogs day cringe

Reactions: Pengwins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad