The Pittsburgher Thread: We did it! We won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Tomlin's worst managed game of his career without a doubt.

Tomlin winning on the backs of elite caliber players is shameful. Ben and AB bailed Tomlin out today. It wasn't the first time they've done it, and it won't be the last.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
We’ll see what our fabulous local media has to say about the coach.
He got testy w someone in the post-presser. Could not hear the question but MT was basically “I don’t get what you’re asking. I don’t understand what you’re asking “.
Then basically walked off. I’d like to find out more about that.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Tomlin gets the win despite horrid clock management all game long.

Ben is still Ben when he needs to be.

Conner the past 2 weeks, to me, made Bell completely expendable. A bit more burst than Bell, more punishing (if you can believe that), his pass pro has been fantastic, catches well. The only real knock I have is his vision is pretty average but that will improve over time. There is no reason i want a half assing and likely out of shape RB taking snaps from 30 stud.

AB erupts again in the 2nd half, despite Burfict trying to take his head off.....again.

D needs to STOP PLAYING 15 YARDS OFF THE WR'S AND TE'S LATE IN THE 2ND AND 4TH QUARTERS!

JuJu with some amazing catches in crucial spots.

James Washington reminds me a lot of Sammie Coates right now. All straight line, stiff. Still way to early but I'm not quite as high on him as I was during camp.

Artie Burns is putrid. He's on his way out as soon as this offseason if he keeps this garbage up.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
These wins are just becoming more and more lucky in Tomlins tenure. I've never seen a luckier head coach winning games out of pure luck. Tomlin must be the luckiest guy on this green earth.

Now we have to deal with the insufferable portion of the fan base with the "he's the winningest head coach, never had a losing season, blah blah blah"

No he's the luckiest mfer I've ever seen:thumbd:

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I looked at the Steelers twitter video and it appeared that had been cut out. Oh well.
Really up there w poorly-coached Tomlin games. Of which there are a few.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
He’s not that lucky. Except in the sense he has brilliant players to bail him out, even if they have to huddle by themselves to figure out winning plays.

The parallels to Bylsma just seem so plain to me. A coach w early success/good numbers which squelch criticism in local media. A coach inheriting a very strong team, who has some good ideas but is obviously a poor in-game mgr and regularly out-coached, but hangs on due to superstars who get him Ws.

Sad to see it happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad