Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
devin-bush-steelers.jpg

Let’s go, boys!

Reactions: td_ice

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I'm thinking the Steelers stay put.

Murphy Greedy Ya Sin AJ Brown Metcalf are all suppose to be off the board within the top 15.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Murphy Greedy Ya Sin AJ Brown Metcalf are all suppose to be off the board within the top 15.

Then yes they do, UNLESS someone falls somehow OR maybe they surprise us AGAIN . . . maybe 66 and a 2nd next year OR both 3rds and a 5th. I suspect that gets you into the dance.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Murphy is going to go top ten in the second I think...

Then yes they do, UNLESS someone falls somehow OR maybe they surprise us AGAIN . . . maybe 66 and a 2nd next year OR both 3rds and a 5th. I suspect that gets you into the dance.

Their early third and a fourth can put them in the bottom half of the second round. That's about as high as I would expect them to go as they can get back into the fourth again doing the same trick with their two 5s.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Murphy is going to go top ten in the second I think...

Their early third and a fourth can put them in the bottom half of the second round. That's about as high as I would expect them to go as they can get back into the fourth again doing the same trick with their two 5s.

I wouldn't expect more either. Then again, I didn't expect the Bush move last night. :D

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Our late 3rd and a 2nd next yr definitly gets us up there

But do they do that?

I mean they already traded up once in the first and that's rare enough. Do they do it again?

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
As far as WR goes I think they are zeroed in on Miles Boykin in the 3rd so I dont see Brown or Metcalf

If one of them CBs falls then maybe but I see Murphy and Greedy flying off in the top 10-15

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Our late 3rd and a 2nd next yr definitly gets us up there

But do they do that?

I mean they already traded up once in the first and that's rare enough. Do they do it again?

I doubt it, but DAMN if you could do it, get the DB or WR, AND still have your own 3rd . . .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
As far as WR goes I think they are zeroed in on Miles Boykin in the 3rd so I dont see Brown or Metcalf

If one of them CBs falls then maybe but I see Murphy and Greedy flying off in the top 10-15

Yeah, but they love Rock Ya Mama. :D

Joke aside, I wonder if he falls past the middle of the 2nd, because if he does, I could see something IF they could do it without the later 3rd.

cc: @Jaded-Fan

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I wouldn't expect more either. Then again, I didn't expect the Bush move last night. :D

They now know they have a three year window, so I’m beyond sure that is why they went after Bush.

Just keep trying to move up every round when they can. Be aggressive if a guy you want is slipping or close.

I expect them to jump up one more time. Hoping it’s the second, but I suspect the bigger names we want will be gone by the mid point of the second. I want Murphy, but half the GMs would be drunk if he slipped into the Steelers realistic range... 56-58.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They now know they have a three year window, so I’m beyond sure that is why they went after Bush.

Just keep trying to move up every round when they can. Be aggressive if a guy you want is slipping or close.

I expect them to jump up one more time. Hoping it’s the second, but I suspect the bigger names we want will be gone by the mid point of the second. I want Murphy, but half the GMs would be drunk if he slipped into the Steelers realistic range... 56-58.

That's why I asked IF next year's 2nd and #66 could be in play to jump into the top dozen picks in the 2nd round.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
2019 NFL Draft, Day 2 mock: Pats nab Will Grier in third round

CB Julian Love at 66 and WR Riley Ridley later predicted in this one.

NFL mock draft for second round: Could Patriots look at QBs, potentially Drew Lock or Ryan Finley?

This one has Murphy and Ya Mama falling to 46 and 47.

2019 NFL mock draft, Day 2: Updated projections for 2nd, 3rd rounds

Julian Love at 66 and WR Emanuel Hall later predicted in this one.

NFL Mock Draft 2019 Picks 65-95

WR Deebo Samuel at 66 and TE Foster Moreau later predicted in this one (also predicts Ya Mama at 63).

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That's why I asked IF next year's 2nd and #66 could be in play to jump into the top dozen picks in the 2nd round.

Steelers rarely trade high futures from the next season in a draft. Trying to think if they ever have with their second. I know they haven’t with their first.

Better question is their own third in play with the Raiders?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I am betting that the Steelers get Greedy about moving up a baker's dozen or so into the second round.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I doubt it, but DAMN if you could do it, get the DB or WR, AND still have your own 3rd . . .

I would do it to trade up high 2nd for Murphy and Brown I like both.

Metcalf Ya-Sin and William's I'd make the move only if they fall mid to let 2nd.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I can't see the Steelers taking Greedy.

Dude is awful as a tackler. We miss enough of them as it is.

Steelers LOVE Boykin and McLaurin. Don't be surprised if one of them ends up here.

Durden Tyler

Dec 19, 2017
so it's about to start now, hate seeing Pats having 5 pick today, how can they end up with 4 comp pick, with 2 being 3rd rounder and still be on top each year

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

I think they will wait for a CB like Love etc to fall to that 3rd rd pick and take Boykin with the 2nd 3rd rounder.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Definetely would like CB and WR but with Bush on board there are no "true needs" just varying degrees of wants

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
so it's about to start now, hate seeing Pats having 5 pick today, how can they end up with 4 comp pick, with 2 being 3rd rounder and still be on top each year

Beats me man. To me they didnt lose anyone worth granting a 3rd.

But whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad