OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Super Bowl 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
But he wasn't a washed up has-been.

You walk away from this Super Bowl wanting more, feeling like you were ripped off.

That's being a fan of neither team, and the game outside of the Denver D was deplorable.

As were the commercial and halftime show.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
So he misplayed a lane on 1 big run but is the mlb and totally shut down the run and pass game over the middle of the field and he had a bad game? Like I said, I disagree. Another thing he did is almost kill Thomas which really made Denver avoid the slants and drags. He's the last player I'd be pointing a finger at on Carolina.
I'm not pointing the finger at him for the game, I'm calling him overrated.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Totally blown call.
Nose of the ball touched the ground. There is no way Cotchery's hand is under the nose of the ball here. Okay I take that back...there is maybe a slim chance. However this is enough for me to not be able to say with 100% certainty that it was a catch, and thus the ruling on the field had to stand.
Untitled_4.jpg
'

On a different note even though I know it is REALLY really wrong I would kill to have an reporter ask Newton if the Denver defense hit him so often because he was black...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
He misses tackles and takes poor angles all the time. He's white though, so he's an All-pro

Well his race has nothing to do with it. At the very least, he's an impact player even considering his shortcomings.

Nose of the ball touched the ground. There is no way Cotchery's hand is under the nose of the ball here. Okay I take that back...there is maybe a slim chance. However this is enough for me to not be able to say with 100% certainty that it was a catch, and thus the ruling on the field had to stand.
Untitled_4.jpg

The angle from the sky cam showed the ball was 6 inches off the ground at least. It was a perplexingly bad call but I don't think the result of the game really changed anyway so it doesn't matter.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Well his race has nothing to do with it. At the very least, he's an impact player even considering his shortcomings.

I agree he's a good player, but he would never receive the same level of acclaim if he looked like most defensive players in the NFL. The guy won DPOY somehow...

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Oh I almost forgot my favorite part of this Super Bowl...

mannings.0.gif

Someone in the Manning family may have had money on Carolina...

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Peyton..." you couldn't be even a little joyful there, Eli?"

Caption of Eli looking straight into the camera, "I'm already drunk."

screen-shot-2016-02-07-at-10.jpg

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yeah, that is the look of a younger brother who loved having something on his older brother.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If an elite pass rusher is available at 25, and a comparable corner or safety isn't there, I'd take them. There's one thing that Denver proved - a fast defense trumps a fast QB every time. Von Miller and Demarcus Ware won the Broncos a Super Bowl.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If an elite pass rusher is available at 25, and a comparable corner or safety isn't there, I'd take them. There's one thing that Denver proved - a fast defense trumps a fast QB every time. Von Miller and Demarcus Ware won the Broncos a Super Bowl.

Denver actually has good corners as well though.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Glad I worked last night. According to some on here sounds like I missed one of the most boring SB games in the history of it.

Good to see Peyton end his career on a high note, though it doesn't sound like it was very impressive. Looks like John Fox was right in thinking he was done after last season. Hopefully he decides to hang them up like Bettis did.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Glad I worked last night. According to some on here sounds like I missed one of the most boring SB games in the history of it.

Good to see Peyton end his career on a high note, though it doesn't sound like it was very impressive. Looks like John Fox was right in thinking he was done after last season. Hopefully he decides to hang them up like Bettis did.

I hope he retires on a high note, but his stats are the same as Brady against the Rams, slightly better than Ben against the Seahawks, Elway's second ring, etc..

They have one of the 10-best defences ever. All that offense had to do was not give away points.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Cam is getting a ton of flak for being sad, dejected, upset, and short in his post-game interview. What do people expect for a man who just lost the biggest moment of his career?

This man can't win.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Cam is getting a ton of flak for being sad, dejected, upset, and short in his post-game interview. What do people expect for a man who just lost the biggest moment of his career?

This man can't win.

Yep. I don't care if he didn't answer stupid ****ing questions.

The guy celebrates when things are going well and is sad when they aren't. I can relate to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad