OT: The PittsburghER Thread: Steelers Win AFC North | Go Oregon Ducks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Funny how we came back and won and this place is silent during the final quarter more or less.....Almost like Steelers fans were hoping for another embarrassing loss ;) Eh, what the hell, i wasn't here either and a small part wonders if we're just kicking the can down the road. But hey, at heart i can't root against the Steelers, ever. A win is a win.

Hopefully we'll get some health back on the defensive side of the ball with the bye week.

Oh, game ball and then some to the Bell Cow. That dude was on a mission. And the offensive line just abused the Titans front 7, especially in the 2nd half. Kudos to the big sloths up front.

And before people recommend me getting an infraction i actually liked Haley calling run plays against the all out blitzes. Bell is the perfect back to use that strategy with and Haley correctly identified that. The D overloads, commits, and Bell is patient enough to find a hole and get to the 2nd level while 2/3rds of the D is already up field past you.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Funny how we came back and won and this place is silent during the final quarter more or less.....Almost like Steelers fans were hoping for another embarrassing loss ;) Eh, what the hell, i wasn't here either and a small part wonders why we're just kicking the can down the road. But hey, at heart i can't root against the Steelers, ever. A win is a win.

Hopefully we'll get some health back on the defensive side of the ball with the bye week.

Oh, game ball and then some to the Bell Cow. That dude was on a mission. And the offensive line just abused the Titans front 7, especially in the 2nd half. Kudos to the big sloths up front.

And before people recommend me getting an infraction i actually liked Haley calling run plays against the all out blitzes. Bell is the perfect back to use that strategy with and Haley correctly identified that. The D overloads, commits, and Bell is patient enough to find a hole and get to the 2nd level while 2/3rds of the D is already up field past you.

I didn't have a problem with the use of Bell today either. The scouting report on the Titans is run often for a reason. Starting the game with 6 straight runs including on 3rd and 6 was brutal though. It also took far too long to adjust the passing game to the blitzes accordingly.

Steelers are lucky to get a win while playing 2 garbage quarters of football.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Funny how we came back and won and this place is silent during the final quarter more or less.....Almost like Steelers fans were hoping for another embarrassing loss ;) Eh, what the hell, i wasn't here either and a small part wonders if we're just kicking the can down the road. But hey, at heart i can't root against the Steelers, ever. A win is a win.

Steelers have a coaching issue, but there is no sense in rooting for them to lose. Tomlin isn't going anywhere.

Some stats for us to digest (if you can without feeling ill, more power to you):

- The Bucs, Jets and Titans are 3-23 vs the rest of the NFL. The Steelers needed a big comeback in the second half (after being up by 10 agt a rookie QB) to avoid going 0-3 agt the worst teams in the league.

- This is only the second time in the last 9 games the Titans have scored more than 17'points.

Maybe getting back some starters on defense will help, but poor coaching is poor coaching. It's unacceptable for this team to constantly come out flat like this against these atrocious teams.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I didn't have a problem with the use of Bell today either. The scouting report on the Titans is run often for a reason. Starting the game with 6 straight runs including on 3rd and 6 was brutal though. It also took far too long to adjust the passing game to the blitzes accordingly.

Steelers are lucky to get a win while playing 2 garbage quarters of football.

Absolutely. I HATE hearing the coach speak every week about how we want to establish a run game against everyone and their mother. They tried that crap last week and it failed miserably. You don't need to prove anything. Winning is what matters and after 2 absolutely monster games, you found a formula for success and completely abandoned it, against a really ****** team.

We we're doing a lot of the same things again early tonight. I give the Titans a lot of credit. They really got after Ben and into our backfield. That wasn't an accident. It did take far to long to identify how to beat those blitzes. Tonight was a game where a few screens would have been deadly and we saw none of it.

Oh, another side note, i was down 59 points in my yahoo PPR fantasy league matchup (money league, i was in 2nd, the guy i was playing in 1st. Both 8-2 coming in, but he had the advantage in total points) and ended up putting up the miraculous comeback victory (thanks killer B's) :yo: FYI for all ;)

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Steelers have a coaching issue, but there is no sense in rooting for them to lose. Tomlin isn't going anywhere.

Some stats for us to digest (if you can without feeling ill, more power to you):

- The Bucs, Jets and Titans are 3-23 vs the rest of the NFL. The Steelers needed a big comeback in the second half (after being up by 10 agt a rookie QB) to avoid going 0-3 agt the worst teams in the league.

- This is only the second time in the last 9 games the Titans have scored more than 17'points.

Maybe getting back some starters on defense will help, but poor coaching is poor coaching. It's unacceptable for this team to constantly come out flat like this against these atrocious teams.

Add on that it took a comeback to beat the Jags as well. Really pathetic stuff.:shakehead

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

110% spot on. The recurring theme of playing down to our competition is a broken record under Tomlin. There are zero excuses for it. You have no arrows in your quiver Mike Tomin, to explain how you can absolutely dominate teams like Baltimore and Indy and then bomb against the Tampa's and Jets of the world.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Starting my thread before the other had hit 1,000?

BE GONE WITH YOU!

Err, I mean, whatever.

Good comeback; shouldn't have been necessary. This team still sucks against bad teams.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Any road win is good, I guess, no matter how ugly. Nice to see the team run the ball in the 4th against the weak Titans run D. Titans are bad though, and if a bad game on the road against a bad team only happened on occasion (e.g., Broncos v. Rams yesterday, but the Rams are better than the Titans), then it wouldn't be a big deal, but this was just more of the same.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Outstanding last drive eating up the clock to lock up the win. The OL implored their will and Bell was phenomenal. I give them credit for not throwing in the towel being down double digits. Still the same questions remain regarding this team. You never know what team will show up. This was a roller coaster type of game and fortunately they were able to come out on top against a team they should have handled quite easily.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
There are pretty much no teams that aren't immune to losing to far inferior clubs (see St Louis whipping Denver yesterday). It's just that we see it far to often here with the Steelers. It's a long trend and something i just don't feel we're going to rectify under Tomlin. I hope i'm wrong though.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Any road win is good, I guess, no matter how ugly. Nice to see the team run the ball in the 4th against the weak Titans run D. Titans are bad though, and if a bad game on the road against a bad team only happened on occasion (e.g., Broncos v. Rams yesterday, but the Rams are better than the Titans), then it wouldn't be a big deal, but this was just more of the same.

I love ugly wins, i'd like to get 5 more ugly wins this year.

And to be honest i didn't even think this was an ugly win, if Ben didn't have a bad first half Steelers blow them out, titans couldn't stop the steelers at all, Bell had 35 rushes and the Titans ran just 39 offensive plays.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Typical Steelers. Probably could have blown that game wide open if they execute down in the red zone before the half but of course they have to throw a stupid pick and follow it up with allowing an inexcusable 80 yard TD pass with 40 seconds left. They can't help but do everything in their power to make sure bad teams stay in games with them, if not win them but at least the Steelers got it together and won this one.

On a positive note. I'm sure coach Munchak is thrilled with how it went down the stretch. The Steelers got the ball with almost 7 minutes left in the 4th and never gave Tennessee the ball back. They just ran it down their throat old school Steelers style and Bell had one of his best games as a Steeler with the 200 + rushing yards.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ield-before-game-is-over/stories/201411180148

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Steelers won a game but have a new problem, a rare one for them. Backup halfback LeGarrette Blount, apparently upset because he had just three carries against Tennessee, left the field before the game was over.

Blount is an idiot, he should be cut tomorrow.

Agreed. The team wins and the starting rb and your friend runs for 200 yards and you leave the field early because you didn't get a lot of carries.

I understand these guys have egos but there are a lot worse jobs than being payed millions to be a back up running back. Moron.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ield-before-game-is-over/stories/201411180148

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Steelers won a game but have a new problem, a rare one for them. Backup halfback LeGarrette Blount, apparently upset because he had just three carries against Tennessee, left the field before the game was over.

Blount is an idiot, he should be cut tomorrow.

I think that just shows why Blount has bounced around so much. You see stuff like that and it's easy to understand why New England didn't make him a priority to re-sign despite all the production from him last year.

I'm not sure the Steelers can cut him though. Their backup RB situation without him is not good. Archer looks terrible catching the ball and he isn't big enough to be much of a runner.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Man did our boy Emmanual Sanders get absolutely crushed on Sunday. He has a concussion. No surprise there.

MpuQhzy.gif

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
It's karma that the Titans didn't get the ball back after they wimped out and punted on 4th and short from the Steelers side of the ball, down by 3 late in the 4th quarter. Add on the dumb challenge that cost them a timeout and allowed Ben to rest up after a big hit and it's pretty easy to see why this team is going no where fast. NFL coaches with absolutely no balls irritate me.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
It's karma that the Titans didn't get the ball back after they wimped out and punted on 4th and short from the Steelers side of the ball, down by 3 late in the 4th quarter. Add on the dumb challenge that cost them a timeout and allowed Ben to rest up after a big hit and it's pretty easy to see why this team is going no where fast. NFL coaches with absolutely no balls irritate me.

I'm not the brightest football mind between me and my dog, but I really don't understand that challenge anyway. The play was blown dead before the ball was recovered, or at least enough whistles were blowing that people didn't make a big effort to recover the ball so even if it was ruled a catch and fumble how would they decide who got the ball?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Blount really has been getting a bit phased out of the offense. It's tough, Archer has been awful but maybe there is some free agent out there. Blount has not impressed me at all, does not use his size. Not a physical runner like he should be. He can go for all I care.

Glad to get the win. 3 of the last 5 at home, plus the home and home with cincy so we pretty much are still in good position. Have to get Shazier/Troy back after the week off. Hopefully Jarvis too, I don't think he's done? Keep getting Martavis more looks in practice, he needs to be our number 2/3 down the stretch. Wheaton hardly does anything theses days. Good time for the bye.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I think that just shows why Blount has bounced around so much. You see stuff like that and it's easy to understand why New England didn't make him a priority to re-sign despite all the production from him last year.

I'm not sure the Steelers can cut him though. Their backup RB situation without him is not good. Archer looks terrible catching the ball and he isn't big enough to be much of a runner.

Pretty much this. If something happens to Bell, that makes Dri Archer the #1 RB. :help:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Dri Archer, our fabulous 3rd round pick.

He came wide open on that go route, but Roth never saw him. He sees him and it's a 70 yard TD and we are all talking about the guy.

But so far, he's been disappointing as hell.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
He came wide open on that go route, but Roth never saw him. He sees him and it's a 70 yard TD and we are all talking about the guy.

But so far, he's been disappointing as hell.

They needed to draft a CB much, much more than they needed Dri Archer. Of course, for as good as Shazier might be, they needed a CB more than him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad