OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I swear every single year Notre Dame gets rated 10 spots higher than they should be pre-season.

And every year that early overrating of ND (and others) is used to prop up the teams that beat them along the way to whatever their "normalized" ranking is.

Not saying that OSU isn't deserving of their rating ...

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
People really get ahead of themselves trying to evaluate based on preseason performance, especially with depth guys

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Robinson might be ready for specific packages, but hes gonna make a lot of mistakes if hes plugged in as a starter.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Good move. I hope MT is ready to run a lot. He's definitely capable of it...elite athlete.

If Kenny earns it on merit, fine, but I wouldn't assume a MT implosion is automatic. He'll hold his own most likely.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
You know that resorting to name calling is for 4th graders and adults who have some very small body parts and nothing intelligent to say…hopefully the mods flag you
I think the Steelers knew how old Picket was when they drafted him. Just stick to blogging on Ektard's site

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Robinson might be ready for specific packages, but hes gonna make a lot of mistakes if hes plugged in as a starter.
Can't honestly be much worse than a MLB on roller blades. If he can even just cause havoc against the run, that's a win for us.

Last edited:

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Can't honestly be much worse than a MLB on roller blades. If he can even just cause havoc against the run, that's a win for us.
Yeah thats why i think hes ready for very specific role. Put him in a spot where the play is in front of him, either coming down hill to plug running lanes or certain zone schemes.

Just dont put him out there in situations where he needs to run with athletic TEs or pickup backs coming out running routes.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
This is what I was talking about regarding Harris' vision issues:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He will probably get more work as Qb3 against our defensive starters every week running scout team then as QB2
thats some spin and not true…playing on the scout team doesn’t get you reps with the players you’d be playing with in a game, like the WRs and also you’re asked to only rep certain plays that are regular staples of the opponent’s offense to help the D prepare…not the same thing…Mahomes redshirted his first year but he was the backup QB…if the Steelers are expecting to start Pickett in the near future, including next season, they should be developing him with crucial reps with the starting players that a backup gets

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
thats some spin and not true…playing on the scout team doesn’t get you reps with the players you’d be playing with in a game, like the WRs and also you’re asked to only rep certain plays that are regular staples of the opponent’s offense to help the D prepare…not the same thing…Mahomes redshirted his first year but he was the backup QB…if the Steelers are expecting to start Pickett in the near future, including next season, they should be developing him with crucial reps with the starting players that a backup gets

I agree with you.
But to be fair, what you see today (MR as #2) may not be the same a month from now.

I think KP would perform equally as well as any of the other 2. But perhaps they want him to sit and watch right now and fully get into the real NFL season where defenses really try to trick you. KP might not be ready for those real bullets if he's inserted.

I don't think it's the worst thing. But if he remains #3 through the season I'll be fairly annoyed.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
KP at 3 is pretty clearly about controlling his debut. They don’t want to throw him into a complete shit show of a game if Mitch goes down.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
His development doesn’t need to be delayed…he’s already 24

I think it's silly, but it is what coaches do, and don't forget Roth was slated to be third string behind Maddox and Batch, before injuries hit them both.

It's not like Cowher had some infinite wisdom and started Roth over his vet guys. He was his last resort.

Reality is, MT was anointed the starter March 17th.

Tomlin thinks this is a playoff team and robble robble.

Things felt so dire for this team last season, but KP getting drafted and showing well in the preseason, has given a kind of hope I didn't think we would see for many years TBTH.

So having that kind of hope makes it way easier to watch this pre-determined process play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad