OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jags trade with Vikings…lol…hopefully someone trades with the Steelers and we drop back

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If I were the Steelers I'd try to get back up in the 1st. This is falling fantastically.

Reactions: T1K

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Dallas Turner is an outstanding player. I think he'd be a phenomenal 3-4 MLB.

f*** with this board, I'd be trying to sell next year's 1st.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
With who's going to be available at 20, I think you have to wait until the 2nd to address the C position. Just far too much talent are more important positions to be taking a C right here.

Reactions: Pengwins

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd infinitely rather have Wilson than use a top-10 pick on a QB of the caliber of either Penix or McCarthy. Absolutely insanity that those two are going that high.

When is it going to get better? It's not like we haven't seen frenzies around the QB position in recent years. The only time there hasn't been a "holy shit, you're taking that dude that high" moment recently was '22, which was arguably its own warning.

Likelihood is teams aren't going to stop taking QBs as early as they can justify and then a little more anytime soon.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
With who's going to be available at 20, I think you have to wait until the 2nd to address the C position. Just far too much talent are more important positions to be taking a C right here.

Yeah I was warming up to Barton a bit, but with some of the players available…I just don’t think you can justify center in round 1.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When is it going to get better? It's not like we haven't seen frenzies around the QB position in recent years. The only time there hasn't been a "holy shit, you're taking that dude that high" moment recently was '22, which was arguably its own warning.

Likelihood is teams aren't going to stop taking QBs as early as they can justify and then a little more anytime soon.

Both of those teams took round 2 caliber guys with top-12 picks. I'd infinitely rather not waste a high pick on such a mid QB prospect and build up a team around a QB.

Reactions: WickedWrister

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Mims could end up the steal of the draft..or the biggest bust…hard to know

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I'm usually all about investing in the lines first and foremost, but I can't remember the last time the Steelers could say they had two above average corners if not hopefully elite corners, it would be mighty tempting if both cb's make it to their pick.

A lot of hard to decide options here.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Both of those teams took round 2 caliber guys with top-12 picks. I'd infinitely rather not waste a high pick on such a mid QB prospect and build up a team around a QB.
Fields has more upside and is basically the same age as Penix and NIx. Imagine lamenting getting Fields for nothing while applauding teams using a top 12 overall pick for those guys,

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm usually all about investing in the lines first and foremost, but I can't remember the last time the Steelers could say they had two above average corners if not hopefully elite corners, it would be mighty tempting if both cb's make it to their pick.

A lot of hard to decide options here.

Yeah I really don't like using another high pick on a defensive player, but Mitchell falling to them at 20 would be such a steal that I don't think they could pass it up.

Get Frazier in round 2 and take a developmental RT in round 3.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

But at what point are you expecting NFL draft valuations to reach a point where you don't have to spend top 12 picks on QBs with that sort of public consensus valuation on them?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad