OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
giphy.gif

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
When you think of how loaded England was in the late 90s and 2000s and how THIS was the team that made it to the semis, it's kind of crazy. That 2006 team, player for player, was just as good as Italy, Germany, France or Brazil.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
When you think of how loaded England was in the late 90s and 2000s and how THIS was the team that made it to the semis, it's kind of crazy. That 2006 team, player for player, was just as good as Italy, Germany, France or Brazil.

You can say the same thing about the Caps. Their 16/17 teams were far superior to this years version.

England was just fortunate to be on the weak side of the bracket. Played nobody in the group stage (yea Belgum in a meaningless game) Colombia minus their best and an overachieving Sweden squad.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Why Sterling over Rashford? I get Sterling has pace but I would have liked to see Rashford on those chances in the first half. England should have been up 3 or 4 at half. Lingard was bottling chances left and right. Walker was probably injured or gassed but that was horrible on the 2nd goal. Those are the 3 guys you blame imo. Either way good run.

Croatia is gritty with great conditioning but France should dominate and win easily.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Why Sterling over Rashford? I get Sterling has pace but I would have liked to see Rashford on those chances in the first half. England should have been up 3 or 4 at half. Lingard was bottling chances left and right. Walker was probably injured or gassed but that was horrible on the 2nd goal. Those are the 3 guys you blame imo. Either way good run.

Croatia is gritty with great conditioning but France should dominate and win easily.

I think purely because Sterling has a better club record and more experience. Rashford is better off the bench.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Belgium took it to England and gave them a whooping for 3rd place. Although that chip shot and save by the defense-man of Belgium did save the game, but that doesn't stop the whooping Belgium handed out.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Croatia is going to curb stomp France.I'd bet a c note on it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
At any moment my unpaid internet bill will merit a service turnoff today... I hope they wait until after the world cup o_O

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Pretty lousy Final. Lots of errors. Props to France though they were the best team all tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad