OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Bayer Pittsburghusen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
RobertHuth0602.jpg

Taking the new thread chance to just point out that Leicester City has a 5 point lead in the Barclays Premier League...which would sorta be like the Toronto Argonauts sporting an 11-1 record in the NFL somehow.

Leicester (it's pronounced Lester...I struggled with it too) City (53 points) plays those ****heads from Arsenal (48 pts) on Sunday, followed by Tottenham (48 pts) playing those ultra ****heads from Manchester City (47 pts). Those are basically your 4 teams with a realistic chance at the title this year, so it's a big weekend. Arsenal today was announced as the opponent in the MLS All-Star Game this year in San Jose...which makes me cringe doubly as a Spurs/Galaxy fan :laugh:

Now back to your normally scheduled ~3 months of NFL Draft speculation :P

Last edited:

member 51464

I considered doing a study abroad in Leiscester way back when. Those in the know said it was a bit far from London and I'd end up just hanging with tons of drunk Brits every day. So I went to Hong Kong instead where the drunks included Australians too ;)

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
When I first glimpsed at that picture I thought that guy was running around carrying a flat screen TV. lol

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I wish Vardy wasn't such a **** so that I could like Leicester a lot more.

On an individual level I'd never call myself a Leicester fan...I just love seeing the ******** European model getting completely ****ed with.

The fact that Spurs left so many points on the table certainly isn't any easier to swallow now that they're 2nd in the table behind a damn Championship-level squad...

Secondary note...what the hell is with the BPL setting their new logo to basically be a zoomed out reversed version of F.C. København? At least the NHL wasn't alone in re-designing something with the damn mobile app in mind...
310621B000000578-3438271-image-m-19_1455026722469.jpg
240px-FC_K%C3%B8benhavn.svg.png

When I first glimpsed at that picture I thought that guy was running around carrying a flat screen TV. lol

:laugh:

Impossible to unsee now. Damn hooligans.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Is this the offseason Bryant doesn't get in trouble?

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I have no real team to root for in the BPL, as far as english teams I've grown into a Nottingham Forest fan, so I am all for Leicester City winning the title. If they are able to pull it off I think it will be one of the most improbable runs of all time.

This same thing happened about 10-15 years ago in the Bundesliga with a bit more of a twist. The team, I'm pretty sure it was Kaiserslauten was promoted from the Bundesliga 2 and then won the Bundesliga the following year.

But that was before the big TV deals and mega teams. What Leicester is doing is way more impressive. Though it will only remain so if they are able to win the title. Over time people will just forget that they finished 2nd or 3rd.

(The team I root for above all else, and by a huge margin, is Celtic FC.) YWNA

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I have no real team to root for in the BPL, as far as english teams I've grown into a Nottingham Forest fan, so I am all for Leicester City winning the title. If they are able to pull it off I think it will be one of the most improbable runs of all time.

This same thing happened about 10-15 years ago in the Bundesliga with a bit more of a twist. The team, I'm pretty sure it was Kaiserslauten was promoted from the Bundesliga 2 and then won the Bundesliga the following year.

But that was before the big TV deals and mega teams. What Leicester is doing is way more impressive. Though it will only remain so if they are able to win the title. Over time people will just forget that they finished 2nd or 3rd.

(The team I root for above all else, and by a huge margin, is Celtic FC.) YWNA

I'm wearing a Celtic shirt right now :laugh:

I'm only learning my soccer history now, but the 90s are a fun era to look back on since so many of the results just baffle now. Kaiserslautern's championship salvo is absurd and basically impossible today (though if Leicester City pulls it off this year they'd only have one year between winning leagues)...but earlier in the 90s they had numerous Top 5 finishes including winning the Bundesliga in 1990-91...once the big money came into the picture they basically disappeared from the top half of the table, but they were one of the better German programs in the 90s.

Leicester City has never won as a member of any of England's top flight leagues...their best finish was 2nd back in 1929.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
My friggin' BPL team is going to be relegated, Aston Villa.

If I had realized at that the time they became my team, 2008, that they were owned by Randy Lerner, (former Cleveland Browns owner) I would have picked a different team. He turned a mid table team into a soon to be Championship team. The Jack ass. They got worse every year I followed them.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Secondary note...what the hell is with the BPL setting their new logo to basically be a zoomed out reversed version of F.C. København? At least the NHL wasn't alone in re-designing something with the damn mobile app in mind...

:laugh:

Impossible to unsee now. Damn hooligans.

I actually really like the new logo. It's getting a lot of **** on the internet but I dig the whole minimalist aspect to it.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
It just feels like the app logo was designed first and they went from there.

As an app logo it's undeniably nice.

I was actually talking to a couple of designers in my agency about it this week and they said it's a pretty genius logo because of how easily it works no matter what the size of the image it is in. Maybe that's why I like it so much. I guess that you could say that in a way they did design the mobile logo first, but they were looking for something more universal than the lion standing on the ball since it was hard to read when it was really small.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Since Chelsea has inexplicably decided to play horribly this season, I'm all for Leicester City winning the league

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
A lot of mock drafts have us picking Eli Apple out of OSU with our 1st round pick.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Reading Mike Mayock's top 50, I read bios and then look at the player and where they are from. Much to my chagrin, OSU has a lot of guys that I would be interested in.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Someone talk football with me! This used to be the best thread on HFBoards. Now its commie ****. :thumbd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad