Speculation: The Pierre Engvall Dilemma

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I get people hate Marty, but that's completely untrue. The guy is absolutely terrific at breaking up plays in the neutral zone, holding both the offensive and defensive blue lines.

He's also effective on the PK.

It's funny that Marincin is disliked because he doesn't do enough enough with the puck, and Gardiner was disliked because he did too much with the puck.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
He's also effective on the PK.

It's funny that Marincin is disliked because he doesn't do enough enough with the puck, and Gardiner was disliked because he did too much with the puck.
Since when did people dislike Gardiner because he did too much with the puck?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Since when did people dislike Gardiner because he did too much with the puck?

That was the main thing he was disliked for. He tried to make too many high danger passes with the puck which resulted in some turnovers.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
That was the main thing he was disliked for. He tried to make too many high danger passes with the puck which resulted in some turnovers.
Oh ... Thought he was muffin soft and sucked under pressure and physical play... I personally was ok with his puck abilities.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Pet peeve time, a little off topic but why is it when I Google the "Leafs" I get this return all the time...
full

Someone at Google hates the Leafs.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Engvall should've never been out of the starting lineup. He has a lot of two-way value for this team.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Pierre has played the best hockey of his career in the last two games , especially , last night .
Having said that , there are still lingering parts of his game that require attention ..
He still gives up the puck to easily when he feels heat of a possible collision ..
But I’ve liked his toughness when he engages and his puck pursuit..
Now we will see about his consistency
Way to go Pierre , keep it up or you will be back at the zoo
Go Leafs Go !

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Has really stepped his game up in the playoffs. Loving the increased physicality and grit. Dont ever remember seeing him chirping the other team in the regular season but he has been going back and forth with a few different habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad