Confirmed with Link: The Pens have signed goaltender Sean Maguire to a two-year ELC

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
You'd rather sign a guy like Jeff Zatkoff or Michael Leighton, AHL vet type to back up Jarry and let Maguire play in the ECHL. Unless you think he's good enough to tandem with Jarry right of of the gate.

Yeah I'd assume Maguire will be in the ECHL and they bringing someone like that, or Dan Ellis, Yan Danis or Drew MacIntyre, to split duties with Jarry and add some insurance in case Fleury or Murray go down.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
ECHL may be the best route for him to make up some lost time, but I certainly think he'd be capable of playing 30 good games in the AHL next season.

Considering it appeared that his days playing hockey were over not all that long ago it's great to see him not only get a professional contract, but a NHL contract.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
With the way the AHL schedule is structured being the AHL backup is not a bad position for a prospect.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Jarry just started three straight games this past week (back to back to back). Would be nice to not ride him into the ground.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Back up in the AHL or starter in the ECHL?

Not to worried about it either way - as long as he's getting the starts he needs to keep developing. Personally I do not have high hopes for him to ever be a #1 starter - but at this point you don't really worry about that, and just try to put him in a position to keep improving on a yearly basis.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Nice.

He had a long battle with a concussion, right? Hopefully it's behind him for good.

He did.
Missed all of last year.

He established himself this season and became the #1.
The highlight was the Beanpot Tourney where he was great and was named Tourney MVP even though BU lost.
He got them to the final and almost won in OT where he faced a ton of shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad