Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
:pens
Projected Lineup

Scratched: Kevin Czuczman
Injured:
Sidney Crosby (core muscle surgery), Nick Bjugstad(core muscle surgery),
Brian Dumoulin (ankle surgery), Patric Hornqvist, (Lower Body)
Justin Schultz (Lower body)

:edmonton

Projected lineup

Scratched: Markus Granlund, Patrick Russell, Brandon Manning
Injured: Matt Benning (head)

Note: Artistic License taken with Script

Connor: "McDavid!!!!"
awkward pause
Guentzel: "Hey Rusty?"
Rusty: "Sorry Jake, no clue."
Connor:
Takes helmet off, McDaaavvvid! "
Rusty: "McDavid:huh:??"
Guentzel: "McDavid:skeptic:"
Connor: "McDavid:ha:"
Jarry: "McDavid:)"
Connor: "McDavid:mad:
Geno:"Bllaaallggg:thumbd:"
Another awkward pause
Lucic: Chirping Sounds

Lucic: "Sorry. Wait, wait. I..I live this way (heads back to Calgary)
Guentzel: "Go ahead Draisatl, continue"
Connor: "You seriously don't remember me?"
Guentzel: McDavid, McDavid, right. Oh yeah, long time. Uh, how's the Cup?"
Connor: I've never won it!

End of Scene

DE002532-427C-4EED-850F-AEAD88F4213E.gif

No, not really

KEYs to the GAME
Keys.gif

Surround and Subdue McDavid & Drasaitl
Swat team surrounding car.gif

As superstition requires
giphy.gif

Lyrics provided so you'll get
Why I chose this Band/Song

I'm a workin' man
But I ain't worked for a while
Like some old tin can
From the bottom of the pile

I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement

My words are like a rope
That's wrapped around my throat
Wash my mouth with soap
For words unfit to quote

I have lost my way
But I hear a tale

I have lost my way
But I hear a tale

And now I'm free to go
But time cannot remove
The only life I know
Now only time will prove
Yes only time will prove

If I have lost my way
'Cause I hear a tale

Yeah, I lost my way
But I hear a tale

Dedicated to Jarry:

*Lineups current as of 4:50 PM PST

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I have a REAL bad feeling about this game

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
What I see for this game is Malkin go beast mode. And when I mean beast mode. I think he will show the world that it's him and Crosby at the top of food chain despite what stats say.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Not really. Lol.

I'm onboard the Jarry train but it's gonna be extra tough if the skaters start as slow as in CGY.

Which...is a great question..why does this team start games slow so often? I swear no one else sleep walks first periods as often. Been happening for YEARS...maybe decades.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Where are you from? 18 inches in 3 days is nothing here we got 16 in a day in October, almost ruined my trip to see the pens game
I’m in central B.C. and we certainly get worse snowfalls than what are having this week. What is making this week problematic is that we’re having freezing rain interspersed with the snowstorms, so it’s critical to get the stuff off the driveway and paths/decks/steps and sand everything.

Good times.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
My son and I are doing the EDM / VAN back to back games. Blame us if **** goes bad. Look for Crosby home and Orpik Winer Classic sweaters front row, behind the Oilers' goal where we shoot twice, right at the trapazoid line. Son has always wanted to see a game from that weird angle, and hell, it's the holidays, right?

EDIT- My birthday is tomorrow, and my son surprised me with #13 TANEV jersey, so bye-bye Orpik Winter Classic. It's been a good 8? years!

Last edited:

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Yeah lets go three day pregaming

This is the NHL's fault.
Why do you have a two day gap followed by a back to back on a f***ing road trip?

Here is how you do it...

Tue CAL
Thr EDM
Sat VAN

Fixed.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
This is the NHL's fault.
Why do you have a two day gap followed by a back to back on a ****ing road trip?

Here is how you do it...

Tue CAL
Thr EDM
Sat VAN

Fixed.

logic has no seat at the NHL table... not at all with scheduling.... if I were the nhl I would make sure every Steelers bye week had a sunday pens game and i would minimize back to backs over the last month and a half of the season... there are so many natural lulls that can use a hockey game, but then there will be one jammed in somewhere that makes no sense... like most east-west games are best played on the weekends... i was freaking exhausted at work today...

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’m in central B.C. and we certainly get worse snowfalls than what are having this week. What is making this week problematic is that we’re having freezing rain interspersed with the snowstorms, so it’s critical to get the stuff off the driveway and paths/decks/steps and sand everything.

Good times.

Yeah the freezing rain isn't fun, I've been cool with getting used to the weak BC winters the last few years, but man, the freezing rain, just snow already.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
logic has no seat at the NHL table... not at all with scheduling.... if I were the nhl I would make sure every Steelers bye week had a sunday pens game and i would minimize back to backs over the last month and a half of the season... there are so many natural lulls that can use a hockey game, but then there will be one jammed in somewhere that makes no sense... like most east-west games are best played on the weekends... i was freaking exhausted at work today...
When you look at all the variables involved, organizing the NHL schedule is a monstrous task, and expectations are unreasonable. E.g. East-west games should be on weekends? Well Pens west coast swings are 3 games normally. How do you complete those over a weekend, oh and with no back to backs? Honestly.

Reactions: EightyOne

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is the NHL's fault.
Why do you have a two day gap followed by a back to back on a ****ing road trip?

Here is how you do it...

Tue CAL
Thr EDM
Sat VAN

Fixed.

All of these clubs want Crosby there on a weekend because fans want to see him and it’s good for business...that’s the burden the Pens bear and one reason we have so many damn b2bs on weekends...

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
All of these clubs want Crosby there on a weekend because fans want to see him and it’s good for business...that’s the burden the Pens bear and one reason we have so many damn b2bs on weekends...

I just ask that they try to take it easy and make our B2B teams have a game the night before.

Or you know, geographically and numerically fix the divisions. Maybe do something silly like organize the playoff bracket better. I dunno. f*** me I guess.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think no Dumoulin is a major issue in this one. Imo he’s better equipped to defend McDavid than most defenders.

JJ-Letang just thrown into the fire first game together.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad