The Patrik Koyš Hype Thread

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
i see him next season in Trencin. just like Tatar.

:crossfing If you only were right.

I seriously hope not, the only thing that would come out of that is that he´d be unnecessarily stuck in the U18 league for a year or so longer, just like Tatar or Gasparovic. IMO, pretty much all of the forwards on the U17 team have had their fair shair of U20 games, the only ones who didn´t were those from Dukla. I seriously hope that if he leaves Dubnica he´ll choose a different team than Trencin.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I seriously hope not, the only thing that would come out of that is that he´d be unnecessarily stuck in the U18 league for a year or so longer, just like Tatar or Gasparovic. IMO, pretty much all of the forwards on the U17 team have had their fair shair of U20 games, the only ones who didn´t were those from Dukla. I seriously hope that if he leaves Dubnica he´ll choose a different team than Trencin.

Slovan Bratislava?

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Hes currently tied for 7th in points everyone is at least 1 to 2 years older which is pretty good i suppose. 21 games 14 goals 16 assists 30 points 6 pim +24

http://www.szlh.sk/statistiky/c-090003_l-258/i-action!61player!95splits!38B!6127138

I wouldnt read too much into that plus/minus rating. Slovak Ice Hockey Federation has no idea how +/- is actually calculated. They dont give a damn whether its a powerplay goal or not... :help:

Having said that, his stats are impressive nonetheless and they seem to be improving all the time.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Update: 33 (16+17) point in 24 games, still tied for 8th in the league. Only 2 players ranked ahead of him are 93´.,all other are 92´. The most productive guys that come close to his age are the Poprad duo Gríger (late 94) and hrehorčák (94) with 30/29 points. Hrehorčák btw is the top goal scorer on the U16 team from mos games.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Koyš has cooled down a little in the 2nd half of the season, but his 45pts (21+24) is still good enough to make him Dubnica´s scoring leader as well as the best scorer between kids born 1994 and younger in the U18 Extraliga.

The same can´t be said about some of the other 1995 kids playing U18 hockey.

MHC Martin´s Tomáš Török is now only 5 pts behind Koyš with 40 points (13+27) in 34 games and he has 23 points in 14 games since January.

The third to join the party is Topoľčany´s Matej Paulovič with 31 points (15+16) in 31 games and he has 20 points in 16 games since January.

In a league a level down in the U18 1.liga, the season has just finished for Ružinov Bratislava´s forward Róbert Varga and his 67 points (31+36) in 34 games is good enough for 4th place in scoring. Yeah, I know the 1.liga is very bad argument, but as I already pointed out he has been among the top players in the U16 league last season and additionally he has just helped Ružinov to promote back to the Extraliga, so he´ll get a chane to shine in the U18 Extraliga next year.
The other 1995 born in the U18 1.liga Martin Reway finished 3rd in the league scoring with 70 points (32+38) in 26 games. However from what I know he has been kicked out of a team because of something that might have involved alcohol. Furthermore he also is Czech born and has been playing in Slovakia for the past two years because of his parents work, but he has played for Slovakia in an U15 tournament in February where he was named the best forward of the tourney.

That´s just a mention of a few guys who might be worth a look. Maybe it´s just me, but I can´t remember in recent memory that there would be as many players who were this young in the U18 league that have at least some impact and even more so the mentioned ones who are leaders on their teams, which even the majority of the U16 national team players sans 5-6 kids aren´t. I´m slowly starting to believe some people who claim the 1995 generation to be the best to come out of Slovakia in years. Ah, well, i suppose I´ll just have to wait until someone like czechexpert gets a glimpse of them to ruin my joy. :D It´s only stats after all and sometimes they don´t tell the story, especially in Slovak leagues.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
That´s just a mention of a few guys who might be worth a look. Maybe it´s just me, but I can´t remember in recent memory that there would be as many players who were this young in the U18 league that have at least some impact and even more so the mentioned ones who are leaders on their teams, which even the majority of the U16 national team players sans 5-6 kids aren´t. I´m slowly starting to believe some people who claim the 1995 generation to be the best to come out of Slovakia in years. Ah, well, i suppose I´ll just have to wait until someone like czechexpert gets a glimpse of them to ruin my joy. :D It´s only stats after all and sometimes they don´t tell the story, especially in Slovak leagues.

I don't mean to down their achievements at all, but the kids are 4 years younger, yet are tearing up the league. Doesn't that say something for the quality of the 17-18 year olds in that league?

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I don't mean to down their achievements at all, but the kids are 4 years younger, yet are tearing up the league. Doesn't that say something for the quality of the 17-18 year olds in that league?

That is not correct. It is a U18 league so we are talking mainly 16-17-year-olds. So the impressive 1995s are mixed with mainly 1992 and 1993s. Your four years is only a small exaggeration, but at that age every year counts very much.

I would imagine that the very best from that age group are in the U20 league, with the very very best in the Extraliga (i.e. Roman Tvrdon and Peter Ceresnak are two 1993s playing against men).

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

It´s just as Kamzik said, it is a very very common thing in the European leagues that the best play at leats a level if not more higher than they´re age category. So some 1992 born players already play against men and pretty much all of the best in that age group play in the U20 and a lot of 1993 borns, mainly those who are on the national U17 team. Though I have to correct Kamzik a bit, Marek Tvrdoň is the only 1993 born who has played against men and I don´t know anything about ČereÅ¡ňák playing the Extraliga, as long as I know he has only been training with the HK Orange 20 team, but still is playing for Dukla U20. I seriously doubt that the quality of the league would go down so fast as in last year´s stats you´d have to search very hard to find a 1994 born player in the top 100 of the scoring.

Btw, you know guys like you were amazed by Koyš being 175 cm at 13/14? Take a look at this, Tomas Torok is 14 and already 185cm. :amazed:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I couldn't help but noticing that Patrik Koyš and his Dubnica pals absolutely demolished HC Topolcany today 12-2. Koyš had a goal and added two assists and now leads MHK Dubnica in scoring. Fellow 95er Matej Paulovič had one of the two TO goals.

I heard but I am not sure yet if this is true, that Tomáš Török had four points today. If so that would be really impressive. Watch out for the 1995 guys! :)

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I couldn't help but noticing that Patrik Koyš and his Dubnica pals absolutely demolished HC Topolcany today 12-2. Koyš had a goal and added two assists and now leads MHK Dubnica in scoring. Fellow 95er Matej Paulovič had one of the two TO goals.

I heard but I am not sure yet if this is true, that Tomáš Török had four points today. If so that would be really impressive. Watch out for the 1995 guys! :)

I actually wanted to update this today, but didn´t because of Martin´s game. The szlh only has the scores for teh first two periods, which ended 6-1 Martin with Torok getting 4 points for 2 goals and 2 assists, however webhokej reports that the game ended 10-2 Martin, so maybe he picked up even more points.

The top scorers in the league born in 1994 and younger:
1. Dávid Gríger 1994 POP 44GP 19G 32A 51PTS
2. Patrik Koyš 1995 DUM 44GP 22G 26A 48PTS
3. Tomáš Török 1995 MAA 39GP 15G 31A 46PTS

4.Milan Kolena 1994 MAA 38GP 18G 26A 44PTS
5. Peter Hrehorčák 1994 POP 38GP 25G 18A 43PTS
6. Andreas Štrauch 1994 POP 39GP 15G 24A 39PTS
7. Daniel Rzavský 1994 LMI 40GP 12G 22A 34PTS
8. Matej Paulovič 1995 TOP 39GP 17G 16A 33PTS

*assuming they didn´t pick up any more points in the 3rd in today´s game (which they probably did)

Looks really great for the 1995 class. The mentioned 1994 players are those that you can find on the scoresheet for the national U16 team in most games. And Koys and Torok only got beaten by Griger, who I believe was born in November 94, so he isn´t that far from being a 95 guy himself. Also I´d say that if Martin Reway and Robert Varga played the U18 Extraliga, I´d say they´d put up some pretty good stats as well, Varga will get an opportunity for that next season, Reway, don´t really know where he´s playing next year.

Anyway, Dubnica with Koys will take on Slovan Bratislava and Martin with Torok on HC Kosice in the semifinals, both teams are the underdogs in their series, but will see.

Sure looks like a very exciting class right now, but we shouldn´t get ahead of ourselves just yet, these kids have loads and loads of hard work ahead of themselves. We´ll see what happens next season, I suppose they´re gonna dominate the U18´s, Torok might get his first taste of u20 hockey with Martin and if there is an agreement between Dubnica and Bulldogs Trencin, if they get promoted to the u20 extraliga maybe Koys could too.

Btw maybe I should rename thos thread the "1995 class hype thread" as the direction to which the discussion went is way beyond just talking about one certain player?

EDIT: The stats now are complete as szlh finally posted the 3rd period stats, Torok picked up one more assist and Kolena one more goal.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
On saturday i visited the game Dubnica at Slovan... for a long time a wanted to visit some U 18 game, and finnaly i had a time for it.

i was realy positive surprised. ok, im not a hockey expert, but i liked what i saw.
in regards to Koys, i looked to him every shift. this was not his best game , i supose, but he was not lost. technicaly is he good, but he needs more muscle. when it comes to close 1-1 , in most cases he lost... but he is 15 , so he needs time.
And he has a charakteristic stature by skating, you cant lost him from eyes. :)

And i liked Emil Bagin there - 2 nice PP goals .

And the game winner 4 sekunds before the end, oh man, that was great... :yo:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Patrik Koyš 2+1 in Dubnica win over Slovan Bratislava / Tomáš Török 0+1 in Martin win over Kosice. I believe this means Patrik Koyš and Dubnica are now headed for the finals, is it best of 3? Someone will be able to correct me. Patrik Koyš with four points in the two SF games.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Patrik Koyš 2+1 in Dubnica win over Slovan Bratislava / Tomáš Török 0+1 in Martin win over Kosice. I believe this means Patrik Koyš and Dubnica are now headed for the finals, is it best of 3? Someone will be able to correct me. Patrik Koyš with four points in the two SF games.

exactly, its best of 3 serie.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
exactly, its best of 3 serie.

Yeah, great succes for a team that was still playing 1.liga U18 last year. :handclap: Howeve I worry about the future of many of these players that might become the U18 champions, Dubnica does not seem to be anywhere close to promoting from U20 1.liga and their men´s team has not made much from the 2.liga promotion group. The question is will they get their chances at leats with other teams? This sucks. :( Anyway, maybe Mr. Kalaber would be a nice pick up as a coach for one of the youth national teams?

Btw, Kamzik, I believe Koys was 1+2 not 2+1 in that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad