The Outlook for All 30 NHL Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Bolts have to cross their fingers the fans who packed their rink in the playoffs will return after a prolonged lockout. There's no guarantee of that.

The way the Bucs and Rays have been playing, I'd say it's guaranteed they'll be back to watch their champions again.

If there's a salary cap in the new system, the Bolts won't be able to keep all of their young stars, someone will have to be dropped to fit under the cap.

Depends where the cap is set and what we sign Khabby and St. Louis for in the new economic system. Vinny and Brad aren't going anywhere regardless.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Hoek said:
The way the Bucs and Rays have been playing, I'd say it's guaranteed they'll be back to watch their champions again.
No doubt

Very interesting facts and figures, but overall biased article. Like many posters here, the writer gives the benefit of the doubt to clubs he likes while dismissing clubs he obviously doesn't even if their attendance & financial figures are similar.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Sotnos said:
Very interesting facts and figures, but overall biased article. Like many posters here, the writer gives the benefit of the doubt to clubs he likes while dismissing clubs he obviously doesn't even if their attendance & financial figures are similar.

Not to mention the writer uses half-assed logic throughout.

It's a shame, I like what the article tries to accomplish. But it fails.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Vlad The Impaler said:

I thought the Van-Ott outlooks were confusing

Both sides have similar payrolls
Van's stars are at closer to max pay (less potential for raises)
Ottawa's stars have more raises to come
Yet Van stands to lose stars with Ottawa doesn't?

huh? How does that work? Under a rollback and $42.5m cap both sides have plenty of space to grow payrolls. :dunno:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

rulin

Jan 30, 2004
Vlad The Impaler said:

Agreed.

I'm sure an article with the same idea that's actually worth discussing will come out soon enough, though.

SENSible1*

The owners have consistently displayed a willingness to lose money to protect their investment.

Why would anyone expect this trend to stop, especially when they are so close to their goal?

jacketracket*

"Gary Bettman doesn't get credit for a lot these days, but his decision to expand to Minnesota and Columbus has proven to be tremendous."

Nicely put. :handclap:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Jeff Dahlia said:
Disney is saving more money on operating costs and so forth on Ducks not playing then they would if they were.

You can take that to the bank!

Agreed completly. There are teams in worse situations than the Ducks really. Disney can eat any of the debt that exists. They will wait out the lockout in order to sell the team and get something out of them. If anything Disney is happy there was no season as they saved money.

LeBrun is just another sportswriter that doesn't really understand what is going on with each team.

X0ssbar

jacketracket said:
"Gary Bettman doesn't get credit for a lot these days, but his decision to expand to Minnesota and Columbus has proven to be tremendous."

Nicely put. :handclap:

I'll raise your "nicely put" to an "off the hook"! :handclap:

Gary

yep. interesting for sure. one point though-being a bruins' fan and all. Thornton is discontent?? WTF? I read more/watch more bruins' hockey then you can imagine and i've never heard any source confirm this or Joe himself...It's just SPECULATION period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad