The Out of Town Thread CI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
LOL other thread got locked so will post it here:

Well to be fair, Halak had an amazing run with us as a green PO guy.
Mrazek with Detroit is playing really well as a rookie. Darling has been good for Chicago too.
Bishop is also 28. Yes, he didn't have experience in the POs, but he's not a young rookie.
Hammond, well, he's a career AHL guy, it really isn't surprising that his bubble burst. However, I don't think he was particularly worse than he was during regular season. He's not the reason why they lost. Same with Bishop, I mean, he's been bad, but TB only had 22 shots yesterday. 22! They're supposed to be the best offensive team in the NHL and couldn't break the 25 shot mark? This despite having like 6 or more PPs? So ya, it's beyond Bishop the problem in TB, and if they can't fix it they will lose this series.

To be fair you're right, but I think it's still less common for an elite goalie like Hank to suddenly stink up a series and cost his team than a relatively unknown. But you are right, sometimes a dark horse (Darling? Guy was been unreal, Mzarek too) comes out of no where.

I just find it's a lot more predictable that the teams in question are in the place they're in. When you're going into the playoffs with Bishop who had an outstanding regular season, maybe it's a bad example. But when we're talking Pavelec who is usually not good in the regular season, guys like Hammond who are unproven and have a small sample to predict, I think the safe prediction more often than not is that they will falter against the likes of the guys who you see year after year.

I hate losing, I think all our fans do. But all those years of Price playing playoff games... year after year getting better, I'd have a lot more faith in a guy like him or Lunqvist than I would an unknown guy like Darling, even if right now he's been great.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
LOL..hate when you go through some bother including getting a link to a story..and the thread is "CLOSED"

Is it really Drouin's play keeping him out of the line-up? It could be attitude reasons..

http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/drouin-forced-to-watch-and-wait-20150422/

Cooper says it's in part because kids like Kucherov and Panik struggled in last yr's playoffs that he's reticent to play Drouin. Panik ..with his three career playoff points in three OHL seasons..Drouin only had 99 more than that.

How can he compare the third overall pick with a proven track record to second rounders like Panik with no playoff pedigree is laughable.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Will the Habs recall Gregoire, or Sherbak ?

Didn't realize they had lost game 7 :( Gregoire I doubt will get the call, I'm more interested in seeing Scherbak brought up. If there's any prospect with the chance to fit into our top 6 it's him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
LOL..hate when you go through some bother including getting a link to a story..and the thread is "CLOSED"

Cooper says it's in part because kids like Kucherov and Panik struggled in last yr's playoffs that he's reticent to play Drouin. Panik ..with his three career playoff points in three OHL seasons..Drouin only had 99 more than that.

How can he compare the third overall pick with a proven track record to second rounders like Panik with no playoff pedigree is laughable.

Well, that's asinine.

With Drouin.. he took time to come to Halifax originally, then sulked when he was sent back to juniors post-draft and there are some rumors out there (not sure if true) that he went through 3-4 billet families while playing for the Mooseheads.. I can see his attitude being a reason why, as a rookie, he might be held out in favor of other players.

If it is performance related.. then yeah, just a bad decision by Cooper.. Drouin can turn a game for you, he has the skill and the want.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Well, that's asinine.

With Drouin.. he took time to come to Halifax originally, then sulked when he was sent back to juniors post-draft and there are some rumors out there (not sure if true) that he went through 3-4 billet families while playing for the Mooseheads.. I can see his attitude being a reason why, as a rookie, he might be held out in favor of other players.

If it is performance related.. then yeah, just a bad decision by Cooper.. Drouin can turn a game for you, he has the skill and the want.

His attitude in playoffs games in the Q was to win..don't know about his off ice attitude there..don't see it being that relevant to him playing right now. He's with the team so he's rubbing off on them one way or another..may as well be playing as he can win games by himself.

He has always come across as the type of guy who is not going to try overly hard in practice or nothing games,,but when games get important..I saw him take over far too many to ever think it was a fluke.

As I say...I think Cooper is overthinking this one. He even admits Drouin played better at the end of the season...I understand they have depth, but he can be a gamebreaker.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
His attitude in playoffs games in the Q was to win..don't know about his off ice attitude there..don't see it being that relevant to him playing right now. He's with the team so he's rubbing off on them one way or another..may as well be playing as he can win games by himself.

He has always come across as the type of guy who is not going to try overly hard in practice or nothing games,,but when games get important..I saw him take over far too many to ever think it was a fluke.

As I say...I think Cooper is overthinking this one. He even admits Drouin played better at the end of the season...I understand they have depth, but he can be a gamebreaker.

It might just be that his coach sees him as a dept scorer right now and he'd rather have other elements in his lineup. I mean, he wasn't exactly a key part of the Bolts offense this year, regardless of where he was drafted. That lineup is pretty deep and he ended up playing relatively few minutes on a very successful team. If he was a must have in the lineup at the moment his coach would have him there I trust.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It might just be that his coach sees him as a dept scorer right now and he'd rather have other elements in his lineup. I mean, he wasn't exactly a key part of the Bolts offense this year, regardless of where he was drafted. That lineup is pretty deep and he ended up playing relatively few minutes on a very successful team. If he was a must have in the lineup at the moment his coach would have him there I trust.

I would throw "experience" in the trash and put him in instead of Morrow, god he looks terrible out there. Can barely handle a pass. 8 regular season points in 70 games. Just wasting a roster spot IMO.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

It's not like Panik would be playing in their top 9 if he was still in TB though, the thing with Drouin is that their top 9 is pretty much unbreakable right now, Stamkos seems to enjoy playing with Callahan and Killorn while the 2nd line has been lights out alll year, not a good fit on a typical 4th line either.

The 3rd line: Drouin has mostly been a perimeter player all year scoring only 4 goals, he's been mostly a playmaker but the thing is the 3rd line already has Fillppula on it, a player whith a heavy pass first mentality, Namestnikov and Paquette have both shown to be better scorers at the NHL level THIS year and I think that this line desperately needs Paquettes's forecheking ability, with such a young lineup Cooper has no choice but to base his decisions on their regular season hence why Namestnikov is in ahead of Drouin, theres just no way he can build his lineup looking at junior hockey achievements.

The only was I see Drouin fitting in the lineup is if he fills in for Killorn on Stamkos's LW but that probably comes down to who Stamkos wants on his LW.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Would be a good move by the Oilers to get him. Quality guy who built a solid organisation overall in Boston. The guy they need for their rebuild.

Yeah hope they get him so he can trade MacDavid to us for DelaRose........hahahaha

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I doubt the Bolts will lose their 1st rd series to the Wings but I would prefer it. No team in the east gives the Habs more woe.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Would be a good move by the Oilers to get him. Quality guy who built a solid organisation overall in Boston. The guy they need for their rebuild.

Hey Chiarelli...I hear McDavid is just another Seguin. I'd trade you Eller, Gallagher and Tinordi for McDavid. You know you HAVE to do it....:naughty:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I would throw "experience" in the trash and put him in instead of Morrow, god he looks terrible out there. Can barely handle a pass. 8 regular season points in 70 games. Just wasting a roster spot IMO.

I'm surprised he is still in the NHL. He is finished at this point. For a like Tampa Bay I'm surprised hes still getting ice time.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Hey Chiarelli...I hear McDavid is just another Seguin. I'd trade you Eller, Gallagher and Tinordi for McDavid. You know you HAVE to do it....:naughty:
I think Chiarelli is probably the last person who would make that mistake. He's alreacy been scorched with a flamethrower and lucky to have escaped with his life and his scalp.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
As crazy as it is, I believe some habs fans would refuse this trade.

Replace Eller with Galchenyuk.
Replace Tinordi with Beaulieu
Add a couple firsts.

And 99% Habs fans would still do it.

The 1% remaining are marginals who are NOT fan of the game, only fan of the Canadiens (and never watch 1 game outside the Habs).

C'mon now, I know it's easy to hate on our own fan-base. We're such a large and heteroclit group that a couple loose screws are in there, but overall, people know their hockey.

Still a moot point lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad