OT: The Other Sports Thread VI - The NFL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Leave it to Sportsnet to have technical difficulties during a freaking All-Star game and having to switch back to the FOX feed momentarily. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why would you be so cruel to me to suggest I should watch CFL. :sarcasm:

Didn't the CFL fold? I heard they became a garage league and are trying to attract a 44-year old ex-NFL player who played his last pro game in 2010.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
AL in the driver's seat, however, Votto starts the bottom of the 10th with a dinger.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They're two very different types of players but this could potentially be very good for the Raptors. DD has a real history of crapping the bed in the playoffs and he's just not a good shooter, which doesn't do well in the modern NBA. Kawhi is a much better defender too, you can put him against the other team's top SG/SF and trust he'll make their life difficult.

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If Kwahi is healthy, Raptors can roll to the finals. However, he has to want to play in Toronto and they have to be ok with rebuilding after the season if he walks. Otherwise, I think they flip him to L.A. for Ingram plus picks at the deadline.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
They're two very different types of players but this could potentially be very good for the Raptors. DD has a real history of crapping the bed in the playoffs and he's just not a good shooter, which doesn't do well in the modern NBA. Kawhi is a much better defender too, you can put him against the other team's top SG/SF and trust he'll make their life difficult.
This is true...but I still don't think that adding Kawhi Leonard is enough for the Raptors to beat the Celtics or Sixers, both of those teams are significantly better.

And I might argue that the Pacers are just as good as the Raptors.

It would of been great, albeit impossible, for the Raptors to ADD Leonard without having to trade from their core...that's an upgrade.

Right now, they just swapped Leonard for DeRozan, which I agree is an upgrade, but probably not as big an upgrade as people want to believe.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Don't like this for the Raptors. A desperate move by a desperate Masai. Getting one year of disgruntled Kawhi is too rich of a gamble to my liking.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Don't like this for the Raptors. A desperate move by a desperate Masai. Getting one year of disgruntled Kawhi is too rich of a gamble to my liking.

Raptors probably need a rebuild in a year anyway, so this forces their hand while also going for it for a year. If all else fails, they can just trade him to LA for some young pieces and start it quicker.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Raptors probably need a rebuild in a year anyway, so this forces their hand while also going for it for a year. If all else fails, they can just trade him to LA for some young pieces and start it quicker.

Raptors will still have both Ibaka and Lowry on the cap next summer, so it's two years from now we're talking about when they'll rid themselves of those contracts.

Are the Raptors better than the Celtics in the East next year? I don't see it. Let alone the two obvious Western teams (although we'll see about Houston, they lost too much defensively).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest