OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Peyton Manning on Allen:

“Look at this throw,” Manning says after breaking down the play. “Wow. He’s got a guy that hits him as he’s throwing to keep him from finishing the throw. His own guy actually kind of hits him. It’s one thing to get hit by a defensive lineman, you’re getting hit by an offensive lineman. You got 600 pounds coming at you and he still hits Diggs in stride on a little 43-yard laser. Awesome play.”

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Really dont see it, he's very good, but you CANT tell me he'll be better than Murray, Burrow and Tua right off the bat, Sure he's got a great arm, so does josh allen, Sure he can run a great QB draw, so can josh allen, basically, I think he can be almost just as good as Josh Allen lol.. which is fine! Buffalo looks great right now but thats also because of MORE than just the QB, . but people make it truly sound like he's the next peyton manning like WHAT?

Allen is awesome though. I think Lawrence has a better touch in his throw and he will be better but Allen is probably in my top 5 QB around who I would build my franchise

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Allen is awesome though. I think Lawrence has a better touch in his throw and he will be better but Allen is probably in my top 5 QB around who I would build my franchise
Wonder what your list would be if you could handpick a QB to build your franchise around. Active NFL players only.

1. Mahomes (no argument here obviously)
2. Allen (look up his QBR in the 4th quarter)
3. Herbert
Doesn't matter.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Wonder what your list would be if you could handpick a QB to build your franchise around. Active NFL players only.

1. Mahomes (no argument here obviously)
2. Allen (look up his QBR in the 4th quarter)
3. Herbert
Doesn't matter.
That is tough question that I ask myself after righting that post.

Mahomes is #1 obviously

after that I need to say that I don’t know who I would take. I hesitate between Allen and Watson but I need to go with Watson who is more proven but Allen could take the #2 if he plays great in playoff.

#2 Watson
#3 Allen

After that I like what Burrow did before he was injured

#4 Burrow
#5 Herbert

Reactions: GoodKiwi

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
That is tough question that I ask myself after righting that post.

Mahomes is #1 obviously

after that I need to say that I don’t know who I would take. I hesitate between Allen and Watson but I need to go with Watson who is more proven but Allen could take the #2 if he plays great in playoff.

#2 Watson
#3 Allen

After that I like what Burrow did before he was injured

#4 Burrow
#5 Herbert
I admit I have forgotten about Watson (solely because of how shitty HOU has been recently).

Burrow I don't like as much. The arm-strength is there, of course, but I question his release point. It's hard to tell with him playing behind this mess of the CIN O-line for now, but I guess he could surprise me once that gets better.

Reactions: Vachon23

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
NYG could actually make the playoffs with 6 wins? :laugh:
Possible, but WAS wins tonight I think.

Your Niners with 6 wins didn't even come close though. Just too much of a disaster this year.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I don’t know what is happening with Russel Wilson but I’m not confident going in the playoff as a Seahawks fans
I love SEA but, IMO, they're giant piece of caca outside of Russ and DK Metcalf

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Thats what i told a friend today. Losing goff isnt a big deal. But losing kupp is. But wolford isnt the answer thats for sure
Second best TE in football?

Yes, I'd agree.

P.S. What I meant to say the second-best healthy TE in the NFL this season.

P.P.S. He's not a WR, I don't care what his statline reads. He's a TE.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I love SEA but, IMO, they're giant piece of caca outside of Russ and DK Metcalf

I don’t agree
Tyler Lockett is as good as Metcalf less spectacular but more effective.
Chris Carson is a really good RB
Duane Brown is a stud OT
Bobby Wagner is the best LB in the league
Jamal Adams is an all pro safety

and their is other piece who are doing a good job

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I don’t agree
Tyler Lockett is as good as Metcalf less spectacular but more effective. - IMO it's not even close. DK is a FREAK of an athlete.
Chris Carson is a really good RB. - Carson is clearly not 100%
Duane Brown is a stud OT. - I agree on this one, but SEA edges are garbage.
Bobby Wagner is the best LB in the league - No, he is not.
Jamal Adams is an all pro safety - He's good and is an all-Pro, but SEA can't stop the run. JA doesn't matter.

and their is other piece who are doing a good job

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

it’s true you will see more Metcalf on the highlights but if it’s 4 and 7 under 2 minutes to go at the Super Bowl I want Russell to throw to Lockett. Better route runner and way safer hands

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
it’s true you will see more Metcalf on the highlights but if it’s 4 and 7 under 2 minutes to go at the Super Bowl I want Russell to throw to Lockett. Better route runner and way safer hands
Of course Lockett is the better route runner, but that hasn't been SEA's MO this season. Who, in the entire league, has aired it out more on the out-routes than Russ this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad