OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Holy crap, so many incredible finishes right now. DET/ATL, CLE/CIN, TEN/PIT.

Reactions: peate

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Man Russell Wilson is the very definition of MVP...the Seahawks are not a good team, they're below average at best.

The fact they're 5-1 and will make the playoffs is a huge testament to how amazing Wilson is.

And this is huge praise coming from a Niners fan, I hate the guy...but he's an amazing QB, best player in the game IMO.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Hoping that Tampa can win tomorrow to force game 7. I hate the Dodgers and seeing them lose in the World Series has become my favourite baseball tradition the past few years.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Hoping that Tampa can win tomorrow to force game 7. I hate the Dodgers and seeing them lose in the World Series has become my favourite baseball tradition the past few years.

I also love seeing the Dodgers lose but if the Rays win the WS, it probably means the likelihood that they get relocated to Montreal is lower.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well yes...they've lost this year and people forget that for 3 quarters the Niners had them on the ropes in the Super Bowl and it was the Niners who left them off the hook.

Strong run game, strong defense and you can beat this Chiefs team. Their Defense isn't that great and they're especially bad against the run.

Good teams can exploit this by controlling the clock and limiting the amount of snaps the Chiefs vaunted offense has.

P.S. - i'm a Niners fan

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Well yes...they've lost this year and people forget that for 3 quarters the Niners had them on the ropes in the Super Bowl and it was the Niners who left them off the hook.

Strong run game, strong defense and you can beat this Chiefs team. Their Defense isn't that great and they're especially bad against the run.

Good teams can exploit this by controlling the clock and limiting the amount of snaps the Chiefs vaunted offense has.

P.S. - i'm a Niners fan

As a KC fan they have been pretty bad all year, up until this point. Not sure if that's scary for opponents or not? I can tell you they have not opened up the playbook yet, they are 100% holding back in games. They are basically looking at what they're being given, and doing what is necessary to win and to not show their cards this early in the season.

Look for them to start doing some different things, especially on offense; in the 2nd half of the season.

That being said, Mahomes has been run of the mill so far this year. Not sure what's up there but he has not been nearly as dynamic as normal.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
As a KC fan they have been pretty bad all year, up until this point. Not sure if that's scary for opponents or not? I can tell you they have not opened up the playbook yet, they are 100% holding back in games. They are basically looking at what they're being given, and doing what is necessary to win and to not show their cards this early in the season.

Look for them to start doing some different things, especially on offense; in the 2nd half of the season.

That being said, Mahomes has been run of the mill so far this year. Not sure what's up there but he has not been nearly as dynamic as normal.
They showed on Sunday that if Mahomes has a "bad" day (15 for 23, 200 yds, 1 Td, 0 int.), they have other ways to beat you. Other touchdowns scored: Interception Pick-6 , 102 yards kick-off return, 2 rushing td's. The addition of Le'Veon Bell adds another offensive weapon. After seeing that, I'm sure other teams are salivating at the mouth to get their shot. :laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Look i'm definitely not suggesting the Chiefs aren't the best team, I think until proven otherwise they are, but I don't agree with the sentiment that they're not beatable.

Injuries always a factor and in 2020 especially, it seems it's worse then ever. As a Niners fan currently, I can attest to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad