OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Man, the MNF crew that is now in its second season of calling the games makes me want to puke.

At least Witten is gone.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Man, the MNF crew that is now in its second season of calling the games makes me want to puke.

At least Witten is gone.

I'm a Dallas fan and admit Witten was terrible and I'm happy to have him back on the field.

But Booger is terrible and nobody talks about him.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
My team is 3-0 for the first time in a long time. Last time that happened, they went to the Super Bowl (and lost)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27693467/nats-eliminate-harper-phillies-delight-fans

@montreal Brother, what happened to your team ? Things were looking pretty sweet last spring, I don't get it.

very disappointing, they did have massive injuries, an entire bullpen out for the season, 2/3 of their starting OF out for the season. But the starting pitching really hurt as they needed someone to step up with Nola but instead they took a step back or in the case of Pivetta he went from a young pitcher with good stuff to a headcase that looked like he belongs in AAA.

It will be very interesting to see what they do in the off-season, rumors about the manager possibly being fired (and going to SF), interest in Rendon if he hits FA and his former teammate Harper can sell him on signing, but they must upgrade their pitching. Their top 2 prospects should move up to the majors next year at some point, Spencer Howard being one of them should hopefully help the rotation, he's got sick stuff.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
very disappointing, they did have massive injuries, an entire bullpen out for the season, 2/3 of their starting OF out for the season. But the starting pitching really hurt as they needed someone to step up with Nola but instead they took a step back or in the case of Pivetta he went from a young pitcher with good stuff to a headcase that looked like he belongs in AAA.

It will be very interesting to see what they do in the off-season, rumors about the manager possibly being fired (and going to SF), interest in Rendon if he hits FA and his former teammate Harper can sell him on signing, but they must upgrade their pitching. Their top 2 prospects should move up to the majors next year at some point, Spencer Howard being one of them should hopefully help the rotation, he's got sick stuff.
Rendon will probably get quite a few NL MVP votes this year, he'd be pretty huge for the Phillies. Bumgarner is the one I'd throw all the money to personally but the latest rumors are that the Giants might be able to extend him after all.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Rendon will probably get quite a few NL MVP votes this year, he'd be pretty huge for the Phillies. Bumgarner is the one I'd throw all the money to personally but the latest rumors are that the Giants might be able to extend him after all.

Cole is the big get but I'm guessing he'll be north of 30M a year for 6 or so years. I'm hoping Wheeler makes it to FA and they land him.

Rendon is going to get paid for sure, if the phils have any hope of beating the braves over the years they have to use their one big asset and that's money. Although you have to be smart, look at LA, they tried to spend their way to a championship in the first few years of the new owners but now are being smarter with their money.

The phils overpaid Harper and sounds like they are going to give Realmuto a huge payday in the off-season to lock him up, but at this point there's no turning back imo, they need to go for it so if they have to overpay Rendon I hope they do it.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Cole is the big get but I'm guessing he'll be north of 30M a year for 6 or so years. I'm hoping Wheeler makes it to FA and they land him.

Rendon is going to get paid for sure, if the phils have any hope of beating the braves over the years they have to use their one big asset and that's money. Although you have to be smart, look at LA, they tried to spend their way to a championship in the first few years of the new owners but now are being smarter with their money.

The phils overpaid Harper and sounds like they are going to give Realmuto a huge payday in the off-season to lock him up, but at this point there's no turning back imo, they need to go for it so if they have to overpay Rendon I hope they do it.
Oh yeah, there's no backing down at this point that's for sure, there's just too much money already invested. It's a good lineup on paper when everybody's healthy, they just need to add a bit to it.

Reactions: montreal

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
TSN will replay Fiji - Uruguay today as their RWC match of the day. I won't spoil the result but it is full value to watch.

Canada Italy early early tomorrow morning.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Host nation Japan with a massive upset of Ireland.

Irish may have been a little cocky with selection and tactics.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I'm a Dallas fan and admit Witten was terrible and I'm happy to have him back on the field.

But Booger is terrible and nobody talks about him.
He's making my ears bleed. He's there for what? I can't understand half of his lingo. MNF is NOT catering to its right clientele with this guy.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
DeGrasse and Brown qualify for 100m final later today in Doha. Coleman is a monster.

4x400m mixed is quite interesting.

Last edited:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Kailie Humphries is now competing for the USA.

I read comments from teammates, they didn't seem to like her much.

Greg Rusedski #2 or just trying to get away from a toxic atmosphere for her?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Just saw Burfict's hit that got his suspended for the rest of the season.

Why has this dirty rat been allowed to continue playing the game for as long as he has - I truly don't know. I only hope that this was the last time he suited up for an NFL team.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kailie Humphries is now competing for the USA.

I read comments from teammates, they didn't seem to like her much.

Greg Rusedski #2 or just trying to get away from a toxic atmosphere for her?

What makes this situation a bit unique is that she is already well into her 30s.

I know she recently married an American, and I assume it's a more lucrative option to be an American athlete. Perhaps she would like to cash in as much as she can before whatever time she has left in the sport expires?

Anyways, I'm surprised that she is able to compete for America after the court dismissed her case.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Just saw Burfict's hit that got his suspended for the rest of the season.

Why has this dirty rat been allowed to continue playing the game for as long as he has - I truly don't know. I only hope that this was the last time he suited up for an NFL team.
12 infractions with fines totalling over 2 million bucks since he started. Why is he still allowed to play?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Bianca played her first match since the US Open over in China, and continues her winning ways, although she did have a really sloppy 2nd set.

As usual, she just seems to find ways to overcome whatever struggles she is having in her matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad