OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That’s a franchise so rich in history. You must have gone or wanted to see a game at Lambeau at some point?
Over the years I've been to the Lambeau , the Heinz , the Gillette, the Ralph Wilson and the Metlife. The Lambeau Field was real special, not gonna lie ! Not the area itself though, the stadium is pretty much in the middle of nowhere :laugh: .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Over the years I've been to the Lambeau , the Heinz , the Gillette, the Ralph Wilson and the Metlife. The Lambeau Field was real special, not gonna lie ! Not the area itself though, the stadium is pretty much in the middle of nowhere :laugh: .

That’s how I imagined where Lambeau would be. What else is there to do in Green Bay? :laugh:

You’re a true fan. I always admire fans who are passionate about a team.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That’s how I imagined where Lambeau would be. What else is there to do in Green Bay? :laugh:

You’re a true fan. I always admire fans who are passionate about a team.

It's something of a local running gag that everything between Milwaukee and Madison is just corn fields and pickup trucks .

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I was told about it by the people ( almost all from Milwaukee) I was with at the time . Pretty much in those exact words. There might be a bit of a bias there, obviously :laugh:

Literally the first county out of Milwaukee going to Madison is the 3rd largest county with the 2nd highest population density in the state.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Literally the first county out of Milwaukee going to Madison is the 3rd largest county with the 2nd highest population density in the state.
Like I said, I'm just repeating what I was told back then. I've been to Wisconsin only once , a bit more than a decade ago, so I really don't know much about the geography of the place myself ! Maybe the person meant to say something else, I really don't know.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Like I said, I'm just repeating what I was told back then. I've been to Wisconsin only once , a bit more than a decade ago, so I really don't know much about the geography of the place myself ! Maybe the person meant to say something else, I really don't know.

Maybe they meant Milwaukee to Green Bay because that gets really rural, really quickly.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Five days later and Bichette's slash line has somehow improved from when I first posted it last week. :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
He makes it look real easy too . He's definitely a natural.
8 straight games with a double. According to Sportsnet's ticker no one has done that in 9 straight games since at least 1900. I assume they mean to begin one's career, but could be wrong.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Jones 5/5 for 67 yards and a TD in his first pre-season drive for the Giants.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
9 straight games with a double now for Bichette. First player ever to do that in the MLB.

That to go along with his HR earlier.

:bow:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
My Chiefs are looking good guys. Defense still looks shaky but there are playmakers out there and a new scheme. The offense, look out. Could be another record breaking year.

Legion of Zoom baby!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That Simone Biles tho? That triple spin double flip whatever you wanna call it dismount defies common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad