GDT: The Other Isles-Canes GDT 2.0 Extravaganza

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Good game to lose, considering Toronto also lost. But Buffalo got a point, so even better.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I'm just glad we had Wolfpuck doing the play by play all game. Better warn Forslund.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Didn't watch, girlfriend doesn't have cable. Passed up a shot at free tickets because, well, this is Raleigh in an ice storm. Even a minor one is a major problem for the roads. So I had to sit through the Les Miserables movie instead. :cry:

Did it look like a 12K crowd, or is it more like they distributed 12K and actually scanned a fraction of that at the gates?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Didn't watch, girlfriend doesn't have cable. Passed up a shot at free tickets because, well, this is Raleigh in an ice storm. Even a minor one is a major problem for the roads. So I had to sit through the Les Miserables movie instead. :cry:

Did it look like a 12K crowd, or is it more like they distributed 12K and actually scanned a fraction of that at the gates?

On tv the crowd looked pretty damn sparse. Though for the weather I was expecting much less.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Attendance is based on tickets sold/distributed, not actual bodies through the turnstiles, so the number is not surprising. A lot of folks with tickets likely stayed home, especially given that you can exchange it for a ticket to another game.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

"Sit through"? Hey, it was no Liam Neeson, but still good

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Attendance is based on tickets sold/distributed, not actual bodies through the turnstiles, so the number is not surprising. A lot of folks with tickets likely stayed home, especially given that you can exchange it for a ticket to another game.

I'm not 100% sure that's the case here though. IIRC the Chicago game a few years back when we got hit by the big ice storm listed about 9K through the gate. I mean, 12K sounds optimistic, but we do have anecdotal evidence that they do take an actual headcount for the games rather then taking the Pitt Football route of attendance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad