GDT: the other gdt

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Fun fact - I know somebody who thought Duke was the University of North Carolina and that Clemson was the University of South Carolina. :cry:

That's nothing. I was watching ECU play State a couple years back and this girl I was dating at the time comes downstairs and looks at the tv and then this happened:

Her: "I know ECU is East Carolina, but what is NCSU?"
Me: "North Carolina State, it's a pretty decent rivalry actually."
Her: ~5 second pause "Everyone knows North Carolina is a State. Why would they put that in their University's name?"

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think I told this story before, but my Grandmother was sitting next to my parents at my college graduation. They read off the names and telling what honors they received (C u m Laude, Magna C u m Laude, Summa C u m Laude). About half way through, she leans over to my parents and says: "Wow, that C u m Laude is a big family".

EDIT: I guess I should have figured that would be filtered.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I think I told this story before, but my Grandmother was sitting next to my parents at my college graduation. They read off the names and telling what honors they received (C u m Laude, Magna C u m Laude, Summa C u m Laude). About half way through, she leans over to my parents and says: "Wow, that C u m Laude is a big family".

EDIT: I guess I should have figured that would be filtered.

Gotta plan for the lowest common denominator, unfortunately. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad