The Other Ekman-Larsson Signs With Roadrunners

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
at a glance, he doesn't impress. But, I have no knowledge of that league. His plus/minus looks good, production...not so much. Does anyone have insight on the KEL-n-ator?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
at a glance, he doesn't impress. But, I have no knowledge of that league. His plus/minus looks good, production...not so much. Does anyone have insight on the KEL-n-ator?

Played two seasons of tier 2 men's hockey for a solid team. Previously U20 hockey. Should be fine in the AHL.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
"KEL" doesn't have much comedy potential.

kk-approved.jpg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Vaguely related, Google translate still has a long way to go. This is their translation of a Swedish article on it:

"As MrMadhawk.se experience will be a move to the AHL.
An AHL contract with the Tucson Roadrunners, should be clear to Ekman-Larsson. It is thus about farm team to the big brother Oliver Arizona.
An AHL contract for Kevin Ekman-Larsson does a finfin opportunity to prove themselves in new and exciting environment.
Now it's about trying to break into, otherwise there may be games in the ECHL team Rapid City Rush.

But clearly a very cool trip for Kevin, who played in the Premier Division Tingsryd during the past season.
Nothing is confirmed officially yet, but is expected to be shortly."

Original Swedish text:

Ett AHL-kontrakt med Tucson Roadrunners, ska vara klart för Ekman-Larsson. Det handlar alltså om farmarlaget till storebror Olivers Arizona.
Ett AHL-kontrakt för Kevin Ekman-Larsson innebär en finfin möjlighet att visa upp sig i ny spännande miljö.
Nu handlar det om att försöka slå sig in, annars kan det bli spel i ECHL-laget Rapid City Rush.

Men en minst sagt häftig resa för Kevin, som spelade i allsvenska Tingsryd under den gångna säsongen.
Ingenting är bekräftat officiellt än, men väntas bli inom kort.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
First thing I thought of was this was a good move by Management. Not only do you make a nice gesture to the kid by letting him be close to his brother after the passing of their mother, but you also do something nice for OEL and it may entice him to not want to leave come free agency. While it still may not work and he may walk in FA, this move cant hurt our chances.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
In honor of his signing, I went through the trouble of creating his Wikipedia page, since he didn't have one yet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Ekman-Larsson

Also added him to "current roster" on the Tucson Roadrunners' page and a link to his page from OEL's page :laugh:

5CBnwf6.png

Apparently Kevin Ekman-Larsson is not "notable" enough to have his own Wikipedia page until he has played at least 200 games in a "top-level minor league" (in our case, the AHL) or a country's "second-tier national league" (in his case, Sweden's HockeyAllsvenskan) and my article has been nominated for deletion. Based on my personal feelings, KEL's Wiki entry should be deleted because rules are rules, but I have yet to find an avenue to accuse Wikipedia's rules of being ********, so I haven't managed to do so yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad