Tablet...
Or 2-in-1 convertibles.

I am going on a trip...
And I need a computer.
I am probably going to watch movies...
Surf the internet...
And play some games like Civ 5.

Any suggestions?

What kind of money are you looking to spend? If you've cash to splash, then maybe a Surface Pro 3 might be what you need.

IIRC, Taelin has/had one (I remember a tweet from her about it or something...)

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
What kind of money are you looking to spend? If you've cash to splash, then maybe a Surface Pro 3 might be what you need.

IIRC, Taelin has/had one (I remember a tweet from her about it or something...)

Yeah...
I thought about it...
But after all the accessories...
It can get quite expensive in the end.
Plus...
I really do not want to lose a machine that costs over $1000.

I may just go with my cell phone.

Last edited:

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
What have you watched recently?

In the last 10 minutes of Insidious as I type this. Creepy as hell but not in a believable way. It's weird because before the last couple weeks, the scariest movie I'd seen was the reboot of the Halloween franchise.

Saw Mama (which sucked), Silent Hill 1 & 2 (2 was better, more like the games)

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I'll look it up. Only have Netflix on the laptop so it'll have to be another time. Saw The Haunting in Connecticut and The Devil Inside. Found footage movies suck. Why did everyone think that the first Paranormal Activity was scary? Nothing happened for and hour and fifteen minutes then a jump scare at the end

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'll look it up. Only have Netflix on the laptop so it'll have to be another time. Saw The Haunting in Connecticut and The Devil Inside. Found footage movies suck. Why did everyone think that the first Paranormal Activity was scary? Nothing happened for and hour and fifteen minutes then a jump scare at the end

The found footage genre is rarely tolerable. Blair Witch was the first of its kind, and it benefited from that. I think there have been a couple of decent found footage films, like Cloverfield and REC. But they pretty much stand alone.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
The found footage genre is rarely tolerable. Blair Witch was the first of its kind, and it benefited from that. I think there have been a couple of decent found footage films, like Cloverfield and REC. But they pretty much stand alone.

Yea but Cloverfield isn't a horror film...it's more of a monster movie. So that's something. Never seen REC

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Not a huge fan of the horror genre, especially with "oh, look at this dark hallway, turn around and now im turning back and oh a scare, how frightening." I enjoyed The Conjuring, thought it was really well made, so I can enjoy some like that, or really really stupid ones I can just make fun of the entire time

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I am not a fan of movies that rely on the jump scare. I am a bigger fa of films that take the time to build real tension and have unsettling situations. Thriller types I guess.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
The farmers market in Fredericton is awesome. The Menonite veggie stand has some really good stuff. Check it out if you are ever out east.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I always like Kei Nishikori's game...
But I never thought he will reach a Grand Slam final...
And beat Djokovic to do it no less.

Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad