"The Opener"

Do you like "the opener"

• Whatever it takes to win

• Please gawd no

Results are only viewable after voting.

1976len

Aug 16, 2017
With the success the Tampa Bay Rays had with "the opener", one can safely presume a couple more teams will experiment with it this upcoming season. Vote in the poll if you or dislike the concept.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm more annoyed with 20 pitching changes per game and 4 hour games than I am with openers. Along with 45 seconds in between pitches for the batter to step out or the pitcher to dick around.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
With the success the Tampa Bay Rays had with "the opener", one can safely presume a couple more teams will experiment with it this upcoming season. Vote in the poll if you or dislike the concept.

i dont see it. especially since I cant see it ever being viable in the playoffs

its a fad that'll die quickly, like the Wildcat in football or Tampa's 1-3-1 trap

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It's all about leverage. Usually the other teams best hitters are up 1-5, so using a decent bullpen arm to get the 1st outs isn't a bad idea. Especially if the options at sp are meddling. I don't get why more NL teams don't use this, especially considering the free outs at the bottom of the lineup.

Change scares a good amount of people, but get used to it. This is one of the changes analytics has brought.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Along with 45 seconds in between pitches for the batter to step out or the pitcher to dick around.

Stop being dramatic. And it's a good thing that there is a period of rest between pitches. Your arm doesn't feel great after you throw a pitch. Take a couple extra seconds for your arm to feel better. I have no problem with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad