The Ongoing Positive Thread (Mod Warning Post 26)

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
so sick of the doom and gloom sky is falling mentality, I have lots of positive things to say about our new jersey devils but would like to hear from other devil fans first.....remember it could be past or present...GO !

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Ummm....Jagr still has great hair. :dunno:

how about we are starting build from the goaltender out (our blueprint forever) with locking up a goalie who seems to be in his prime and having potentially 4 d men all 23 or younger playing on any given night ?

PS-Jagr's hair was better when he sported the full mullet

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
There are plenty of things to be happy about moving forward, but I see nothing wrong some complaining about the present roster. It's not effective and frankly not that fun to watch, unless you view it as a comedy then it's somewhat funny. But so long as people keep in mind that this team is definitely not made to build now, and despite the lack of forward prospects the future looks much brighter than the present, then I don't mind seeing complaints and hell, I'll join in on the festivities!

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
There are plenty of things to be happy about moving forward, but I see nothing wrong some complaining about the present roster. It's not effective and frankly not that fun to watch, unless you view it as a comedy then it's somewhat funny. But so long as people keep in mind that this team is definitely not made to build now, and despite the lack of forward prospects the future looks much brighter than the present, then I don't mind seeing complaints and hell I'll join in on the festivities!

some ? did you say some ? I see an enormous amount of over the top doom and gloom complaining here, and speak for yourself when you say watching the devils isnt fun, I DVR every game and watch no matter what and this lack of forward prospect thing has to go, no one here really knows how are prospects are doing. NO ONE except for lou and conti and maybe a few others in the organization so lets all stop right now thinking that we actually know something.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I'm pretty positive about this team. I expect 95+ points by season's end when everything gets sorted out.

I am not going to freak out after 13, or even 20 games.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Great thread ajdevjet - can't exactly say all is well, but a quick glance at this board and you would think that we have Carolina's record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
some ? did you say some ? I see an enormous amount of over the top doom and gloom complaining here, and speak for yourself when you say watching the devils isnt fun, I DVR every game and watch no matter what and this lack of forward prospect thing has to go, no one here really knows how are prospects are doing. NO ONE except for lou and conti and maybe a few others in the organization so lets all stop right now thinking that we actually know something.

Perhaps a slight understatement, but honestly I expect nothing less from this board. Everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt around here when things are going bad. I don't follow any other team boards, but I'd wager the Devils is one of the most, if not the most, bi-polar boards here.

And yes it's a tad boring because of lack of game breaking talent. We don't have someone on the team where when they have the puck I get on the edge of my seat because they could make something happen at any given time. That said I watch every game, and I do enjoy the little things they do right. The times where they have teams pinned in because our cycling game is quite strong, the progress of our young defensemen, Schneider's awesome play. I love seeing that stuff, but it can get rather dull at times.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Also, I know that mega threads rule the day around here, but this should really not be merged into the abyss that are the standard discussion threads.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
we're on the right track no matter what this board wants to rant about any given day :nod:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Positives:
-Defense has been getting younger.
-Salvador is playing less minutes.
-Team remains above .500.
-Jagr can still break milestones.
-Elias will probably break 1000 points as a devil.
-Devils defense has one of the highest point totals in the league.
-Ryder is tied for first on the team in points.
-Cammalleri when available has shown that he has the ability to score goals on this team.
-we lost by only 1 goal both games against a team with 7 wins in a row and the second best GAA.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Positives:
-Defense has been getting younger.
-Salvador is playing less minutes.
-Team remains above .500.
-Jagr can still break milestones.
-Elias will probably break 1000 points as a devil.
-Devils defense has one of the highest point totals in the league.
-Ryder is tied for first on the team in points.
-Cammalleri when available has shown that he has the ability to score goals on this team.
-we lost by only 1 goal both games against a team with 7 wins in a row and the second best GAA.

I didnt even know that ! thanks :handclap:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I truly believe Jaromir Jagr can play for two seasons past this one. Maybe it will be here, maybe it won't. But he in absolutely no way looks like a man playing his last NHL season.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
how about some past stories, thoughts, experiences ?

I was at South Mountain during a devil practice and some rookie wearing #26 skated over to the boards and flipped a puck to my then girlfriend...wish it was me and wish I had that puck...cant say the same for the chick tho

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I truly believe Jaromir Jagr can play for two seasons past this one. Maybe it will be here, maybe it won't. But he in absolutely no way looks like a man playing his last NHL season.

I do too, though it doesn't seem like many on this board believe it. People expect him to light it up when he's playing with the cremated remains of Zubrus for most of the season.

GhostofKenKlee

I'm pretty positive about this team. I expect 95+ points by season's end when everything gets sorted out.

I am not going to freak out after 13, or even 20 games.

I'm with you on this. Even as "old" as some people like to point players are, they are still producing.

I would feel better if Zajac starts to get going and Henrique takes it to the next level.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The kids. Josefson and Larsson seem to finally be turning the corner. Severson is going to be special. Merrill I think is going to be a Greene clone eventually. Gelinas has the bomb from the point. Throw in a kid like Santini, and it's hard to not be excited about the defense. Sure there will be growing pains, but the foundation looks pretty solid.

GhostofKenKlee

O'Reilly is on the market? Do it, Lou. Gelinas and Salvador and a pick.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The thing about the defense is, it's not only young but it is loaded with talent. The future from the blue line back to goal is spectacular... it's going to take some time but as much as you might think.

I absolutely love the potential of this defense.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
Present? Devils signings this offseason and the emergence of the young Dmen

Past? I was at Game 6 of the Patrick Division Semi Finals when the Devils beat the Islanders 6-5 in the famous "Hrudy chant - foam finger" game.

My father got me and 5 other buddies tickets and we were in the upper deck. It was one of the best games I've ever been to.

Another Past? I bought 5 tickets to the Devils/Pens first retro night, drove up from Atlanta, and heckled the youknowmwhat out of Crosby, MAF, and the rest of the Pens. We were in perfect position to see the Devils take over in the 2nd period. That was a DAMN fun game and it's the only time I've ever been to the Rock.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
If you inisist...

I'll go with Bernier and Tootoo, goals and both +2

I think they generated more everything than the top 6 and pretty much the 3rd line, although the 3rd line had a good energy yesterday so they still get some slack from me.

Not saying they should get more minutes besides already what Pete is giving them, but it is very telling where the problems are, ouch, and for once we don't have to complain about 4th liners. I don't know why people are so low on Bernier\Tootoo, the guys at least bring some sort of positive game when no one else is able or willing, same with Ruutu.

Its sad watching Jagr trying to do it all for his line, he at least cares. Too bad he is just forty-whatever. I guess you can take that as a positive, too. Jagr still cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad