Post-Game Talk: The One Where The Oilers Lost To The Sens

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I think McDavid has had more "bad" games this year than he has in his last 5 years combined. I think he needs to tighten up a bit defensively. This is surprising because he's been cheating a lot less in the Dzone.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
As much as ppl want to pile onto Larsson and Klef, this was on Koskinen. Those two first goals were too soft. That let the Sens into the game when the Oil were dominating the play.
We also hit 2 posts in the first period. Would have been a totally different game. Myself and many on this board saw this loss coming a mile away. That's hockey. On to the next game. Hope Nuge and Kassian are back soon. We sure need them.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I think McDavid has had more "bad" games this year than he has in his last 5 years combined. I think he needs to tighten up a bit defensively. This is surprising because he's been cheating a lot less in the Dzone.
Actually I thought he came out flying. Hit a post had a bunch of chances in the first then realized the rest of the team didn't give a shit that night and tried to di everything himself and forced way too many plays.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I thought they would beat the Sens at the very least.

How wrong I was.
Smith is a coach that knows how to make adjustments and he did just that last night for the sens. If the oilers can get an early lead on the kings I think they are safe. Not sure what LA record is when playing from behind but I don’t think it’s great lol.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Actually I thought he came out flying. Hit a post had a bunch of chances in the first then realized the rest of the team didn't give a **** that night and tried to di everything himself and forced way too many plays.
Call up Benson/Currie.
Our PK might take a hit though

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
This team is so predictable: play a solid period, think they can just waltz through rest of game. Constantly take the foot off the gas.

Now goaltending was a pretty big issue tonight, which has not happened really this year, so perhaps a one off but...

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I’ll watch at home in my spider man underwear.

And this will be the reaction by some should the Oilers lose:

upload_2019-12-5_11-30-9.jpeg

Reactions: tardigrade81

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think this has to be the most depressing and upsetting loss so far this year. Too bad, because, despite some injuries, this is a bottom feeding team coming into our building, after playing the night before, and riding a 5 game losing streak. But Anderson is usually lights out against us, so maybe not a big surprise. We did hit some posts early on, and had those gone in, would have probably sucked the life out of the Sens, but not to be. And we didn't exactly show a lot of resilience afterwards.

For those that were clamouring for Koskinen to play this one, I hear your silence now. Not saying Smith would have been lights out, but Koski looked really shakey and out of sync.

Don't know what to say about Klef. Looks like he's been skating in a fog the last while. Maybe the minutes are catching up to him.

Same with Drai.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
The PP was so damn frustrating yesterday... everyone and their grandma can see the McDavid pass coming from a mile away
Really missing Nuge on there, hopefully he comes back soon
Neal is just too damn slow 5 on 5, Kassian works much better on that line

Reactions: Oilhawks

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
People will absolutely turn on Drai whenever things look bad. He doesn't *look* like he's trying hard and historically that has always been enough for plenty of Oilers fans to bring out the knives. I remember people whining about Pronger's effort level early that year.

Unfortunately, a substantial chunk of the fan base make comments without actually understanding things in context. Playing 25 minutes a game all season takes its toll but of course let's chalk that up to laziness.

Reactions: TB12

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Call up Benson/Currie.
Our PK might take a hit though

We dont need to send down a good PK:er. Maybe thats way Khaira was given a big chunk of chances.
Now hes actually up to 6 goals.

But someone of Sheahan, PRussell, Archibald is needed to change with Benson/Currie.

This game McDavid and Draisaitl played in each line, and imdieatly they played bad.
For me its a very childish sign. The team needs that they take their responsibility to play good on their own line
But OK. We have no choice. This is my new team :

Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Khaira Nuge Neal
Benson Sheahan Prussell
Nygård Haas Currie

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I thought Christmas was on the 25th. Why did we give that terrible team so many gifts on the 4th?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad