The One Where McDavid Returned & We Played Columbus!

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Holy cow. And to think we played this game without Klef, Davidson and Hopkins.

Anyone who says we can't afford to trade Hopkins is flat out crazy.

Our 2 top scoring lines had great games.
Kassian had another strong game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Yakupov just had his first mistake free game.
Gryba played like a top 4 d-man tonight. Can't expect that out of him very often.
Nurse was great around our net.
Talbot was hot. Made some big saves.

Feeling awesome!

We gotta wait and see. CBJ aren't exactly world beaters and RNH is our best defensive forward IMO.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
the energy he brings shift in-shift out is simply astounding..how can the rest of the group not follow? so smart, so fast, always 2 moves ahead

true leader McDavid is...he'll be captain in 2 years

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Yakupov just had his first mistake free game.
Gryba played like a top 4 d-man tonight. Can't expect that out of him very often.

Feeling awesome!

Yeah but Lumbus is horrific. Long-term I'd like to keep RNH if possible.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Besides McDavid though,

Clendening's skating problems really weren't an exaggeration. If he's going to take penalties because he can't keep up then he needs to go back on the waiver wire.

He deserves more than one game though.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
So I am miffed that my feed didn't work for basically the WHOLE game. I missed everything except for a goal by the bad guys.
Watching the highlights... I'm smiling like a goof.

What a supreme talent. That guy alone changes the dynamic of the game. The sequence with Eberle... that tenacity with that skill. No wonder the games weren't as much fun.

Now we have the Drai Hall
McDavid whoever.

I read conflicting reports on McD and Eberle. End of game thoughts?

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Could I ask that for 1 week, we do not put the score or if we won/lost in the title of the PGT? I have 4 games taped and I'd still like to browse the forums without spoiling the outcome. This would also mean not mentioning losing streaks or winning streaks in the GDT titles.

This is an incredible ask of the forum, but I want to have my cake and eat it too. If it doesn't work out, my own fault and I won't hold a grudge for tooooooooooooo long against said individual(s).

I suggest all PGTs shall be named the No Soli's Allowed Edition

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Besides McDavid though,

Clendenning's skating problems really weren't an exaggeration. If he's going to take penalties because he can't keep up then he needs to go back on the waiver wire.

He deserves more than one game though.

Yeah didn't notice any problems with thinking the game but man he's slow.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I hope people realize it makes no ****ing sense to keep RNH when you have McJesus-LD as your 1-2 punch down the middle...

"But, but, centre depth!!! play one of them on the wing!!!"

LD is a centre who's shown more in half a season, in terms of all around ability, his hockey IQ, combine that with size and chemistry with Hall, than RNH in 3.5 years. He will be the better player, if he isn't already.

McDavid will be one of the best players in the league, if not the single MVP in the league in 2 years time, and with his skating will be a horse, playing 25 minutes a night. You want to pay RNH 6 million to play 15 minutes a game as a checking centre?

Worse yet, you want to put him on the wing somewhere, when he can barely win a board battle, is butter soft and regularly gets pushed off the puck?

The offensive pieces going forward should be Hall, LD and McJesus.

They absolutely shouod flip both of RNH and Eberle quite frankly, for team needs. Top 2-3 D obviously and make room for someone with size and more versatility in the top 9.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
I still can't believe we have McDavid. Right now he honestly looks like he could be the best player since Lemieux. The Blue Jacket's defence was pretty bad tonight though.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
So I am miffed that my feed didn't work for basically the WHOLE game. I missed everything except for a goal by the bad guys.

What a supreme talent. That guy alone changes the dynamic of the game. The sequence with Eberle... that tenacity with that skill. No wonder the games weren't as much fun.

McDavid whoever.

McD drove the line pretty much. Ebs was alright imo. Still prefer Yak in his spot, but that's just me.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yak had a quiet but effective game. If not for that driving with the puck into the cbj zone, Gryba's goal wouldn't have resulted in the first place.

Yup, when he held onto the puck after bringing it behind the puck I was worried that he was over handling the puck, but it bought his teammates time to get into position and it led to that goal.

There was another play in the 3rd period where he protected the puck from getting out of the zone and took a hit and we ended up having possession in the offensive zone for an extended period of time.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Arena's nice, but lots of teams have nice facilities. Who wouldn't want to be around this kid for the next decade? He does things as a teenager that I've never seen before.

He's generational for a reason. Not like the weird polls of how guys like Ekblad (who will be a stud) are apparently generational worthy.

Yup, when he held onto the puck after bringing it behind the puck I was worried that he was over handling the puck, but it bought his teammates time to get into position and it led to that goal.

There was another play in the 3rd period where he protected the puck from getting out of the zone and took a hit and we ended up having possession in the offensive zone for an extended period of time.

Bingo. Yak played good this game. :handclap:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I hope people realize it makes no ****ing sense to keep RNH when you have McJesus-LD as your 1-2 punch down the middle...

"But, but, centre depth!!! play one of them on the wing!!!"

LD is a centre who's shown more in half a season, in terms of all around ability, his hockey IQ, combine that with size and chemistry with Hall, than RNH in 3.5 years. He will be the better player, if he isn't already.

McDavid will be one of the best players in the league, if not the single MVP in the league in 2 years time, and with his skating will be a horse, playing 25 minutes a night. You want to pay RNH 6 million to play 15 minutes a game as a checking centre?

Worse yet, you want to put him on the wing somewhere, when he can barely win a board battle, is butter soft and regularly gets pushed off the puck?

The offensive pieces going forward should be Hall, LD and McJesus.

They absolutely shouod flip both of RNH and Eberle quite frankly, for team needs. Top 2-3 D obviously and make room for someone with size and more versatility in the top 9.

Yes.
Hfboards needs a like button so that we can like this comment

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

McDavid whoever.

The Eberle haters would continue their propogande machine to champion Yakupov with McDavid, ..so whatever Eberle does is bad...and should be replaced by Yak.
Evven though Yak looked good, for the most part, along with his line..

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

Feeling awesome!

sadly Yak had one really really ugly give away (1st period I believe) he went straight to the bench afterwards and Remenda made a stupid remark about it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
McDavid....the only player that can make me overlook the terrible defence this team has. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad