The one song that brings you back to your childhood.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
If we're literally talking "childhood"...
I couldn't have imagined that I'd be popping in here and end up posting that.

Reactions: Xelebes

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
A couple different ones for different reasons.

The entire 1st Boston album takes me back to riding in my dad's car as a kid. He listened to classic rock stations playing Boston, Stones, Seger, etc
Green Day - 'Basketcase' takes me back to being a kid watching MTV
Starship - 'Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now' for me reminds me of all that late 80s/early 90s light synth top 40 that you heard everywhere

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
The closing theme of this fairly obscure French cartoon always left me feeling melancholic

But an actual song; I remember liking this Eddie Cochran tune above all others... Must have been that female backing choir!

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I remember watching Elton John on The Muppets. He did Crocodile Rock and Don't Go Breaking My Heart. That was my first recollection of popular music.

My Best-Carey

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Music Box Dancer (F. Mills) - played on an organ. It has to be played on an organ. My mom used to play this song on the organ in my earliest recollections of music. So something like the following:

I also strongly associate this to the car radio as we drove to my grandmother's place in the late 80s and early 90s.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Having one is tough because for each era there's at least one. I grew up when MTV and radio were THE main source of music so there are shifts.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They're not quality songs but largely stuff that played in Florida Flea Markets 1998-2001. So, radio hits.

Janet Jackson's early 00s hits (All for you, Someone to Call my Lover), Hanson brothers, Kylie Minogue, Sisqo...

For some reason, Janet Jackson songs are the ones that affect me the most.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

I grew up around lots of music in my family but this song sticks out as the song that was always associated with good times when I was a kid. :cool:

Reactions: Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad