The Official "What Grinds My Gears" Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought this thread would also be a fun idea. If anyone needs to rant about, "What Grinds Your Gears", get your rant on here.

Backlund and Sven being sat, players being hurt, be bad for Ekblad, whatever you need to get off your chest, here is your forum.

Keep it clean and above the belt ladies and gentleman.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
People constantly overreacting to every little thing the Flames do.

For Christ's sake we have a thread complaining about practice lines.

Many rookies have sat and gone on to great careers.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
People constantly overreacting to every little thing the Flames do.

For Christ's sake we have a thread complaining about practice lines.

Many rookies have sat and gone on to great careers.

I'm not quite sure what's grinding your gear right now, and that in itself grinds mine!

Is it the crappy hockey tape that Hartley recommended to the players?!

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
What grinds my gears right now is a ********* owing me $700 for hockey fee refund and hasn't paid up since aug!!!

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Don't worry, MVW. I GOT YO BACK
ltkjJwv.gif

Aug 3, 2010
What usually grinds my gears is a lack of lubrication... or in this case, a lack of beating down on the Oilers.

When's the first game against them so the world can finally know who will get the right to draft behind Buffalo? :sarcasm: Seriously, this is the longest time in a long while that the Oilers weren't an October game or season-opening match.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Seeing as you ask, MVW, the uses of "could of," "would of" and "should of" (and their negative forms) grind my gears to no end.....:sarcasm:

Also the kneejerk reactions thing, that too, but that's a whole nother issue.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Seeing as you ask, MVW, the uses of "could of," "would of" and "should of" (and their negative forms) grind my gears to no end.....:sarcasm:

Also the kneejerk reactions thing, that too, but that's a whole nother issue.

Are you implying that I have done as such?

And I do agree, the knee jerk reactions grind my gears to.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Seeing Sven Baertschi benched for a second game in a row. I understood the first, but not this one.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Seeing Sven Baertschi benched for a second game in a row. I understood the first, but not this one.

I hated the Hartley presser. His comments clearly tell me that Baertschi was scratched because he's in the doghouse. Putting a 21 year old with 38 NHL games in the doghouse is ridiculous.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I hated the Hartley presser. His comments clearly tell me that Baertschi was scratched because he's in the doghouse. Putting a 21 year old with 38 NHL games in the doghouse is ridiculous.

What pisses me off even more is that Tim Jackman took his place.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
What grinds my gears is the length some people will go to, to defend ANY choice Hartley makes, with hollow arguments like "he knows better than you!", "do you think he would intentionally try to lose?!".

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
What grinds my gears is the length some people will go to, to defend ANY choice Hartley makes, with hollow arguments like "he knows better than you!", "do you think he would intentionally try to lose?!".

Ixnay on the intentionally lose artleyhay

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Well, I see who this is pointed to.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What grinds my gears is when a fan is so high on their own knowledge of the game that they always know better than a guy that has been coaching in the professional ranks probably as long as the fan has been alive and actually sees said player day in and day out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree with this, the first benching was 'somewhat' understandable but no I'm pissed off. If they aren't going to play him then at least send him down so he can dominate.
They can still send him down tomorrow (if they have him on a plane late tonight or early tomorrow) and he won't miss a Heat game. Can't exactly dominate when there is not a game being played for him to dominate in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad