The Official Scoreboard Watching Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPantherSwe*

Its a race between Sens and Boston with Panthers as that fat man running commercial

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
The sens game Feb 21 and the Leafs game March 3 are the two that stick out for me. Sure, the goalie situation was ridiculous, but still should have won. Effort was piss poor in Ottawa game.

All in all, whenever an opportunity came up to make a move or draw even, we fell flat. That's the difference.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The score in the Leaf game was 2-2 in the 3rd when the goalies were healthy. Against a team that has a worse record than Buffalo over their last 25 and hadn't won on the road in 3 months. So disappointing.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
The score in the Leaf game was 2-2 in the 3rd when the goalies were healthy. Against a team that has a worse record than Buffalo over their last 25 and hadn't won on the road in 3 months. So disappointing.

IIRC they wanted to have Tallas in the game for the start of the 3rd period, when the game was 2-1.

So, if that's true, then the second and third goals scored by the Leafs was against a hurt Montoya.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

I'm disappointment but I'm not surprised. That's what happens when you don't have the personnel to get you the insurance goal. It has been happening all season long. Not to mention our achilles heel has been fast teams who sit underneath us in the standings. What a laugh riot of a situation. Those are the teams that are keeping us from jolting ahead of the B's, the Sens, etc.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
IIRC they wanted to have Tallas in the game for the start of the 3rd period, when the game was 2-1.

So, if that's true, then the second and third goals scored by the Leafs was against a hurt Montoya.

Not quite accurate, Montoya got hurt on the 2nd Leaf goal, so even if you argue Tallas stops the 3rd goal, it's still going to OT against the worst team in the league currently.

Edit: in fact if you watch the replay you can see Montoya's groin tear in half on the second goal :laugh:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Not quite accurate, Montoya got hurt on the 2nd Leaf goal, so even if you argue Tallas stops the 3rd goal, it's still going to OT against the worst team in the league currently.

Edit: in fact if you watch the replay you can see Montoya's groin tear in half on the second goal :laugh:

I stand corrected. Thought I read something after the game that he got injured late in the 2nd.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I can see Ottawa losing tonight. They nearly lost to Calgary and played terrible shutdown defense. Hopefully they'll keep up their high-powered offense tonight; they're gonna need it.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Definitely have to go with Ottawa despite them moving one point ahead of us. Six points will be an incredibly tough hill to climb with 16 games left. I want them to go on a cold streak. Just not tonight.

Some Bruins fans are thinking that they can climb into the first Wild Card spot. We may end up rooting against the Caps pretty soon if they're correct.

dbhislife

Jun 27, 2007
Colorado is more likely to make it than us percentage-wise. Those last two losses versus Toronto and Dallas killed almost all hope.

We're at 4.7%

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Yup... its totally on us now whatever happens. The boys had their chances. I'm sorry, but when you score 16 goals in your first 11 hockey games, you can't pin the season on a freak injury situation to your two goalies that the league took a half hour (minimal in the grand scheme of things) to work out.

I'm with AE on this one 100%. Toronto and Dallas games, and the lame start of the season, may be our undoing.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Yup... its totally on us now whatever happens. The boys had their chances. I'm sorry, but when you score 16 goals in your first 11 hockey games, you can't pin the season on a freak injury situation to your two goalies that the league took a half hour (minimal in the grand scheme of things) to work out.

I'm with AE on this one 100%. Toronto and Dallas games, and the lame start of the season, may be our undoing.

That 5 game losing streak didn't help either.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Before this game starts:

A) Has 3 point game written all over it

B) I predict Boston wins in the shootout

C) Regardless of the outcome we'll be discussing apathy in South Florida seeing as we're on the road to finishing in 9th or 10th place. We'll discuss how we cannot stand a long period of apathy before we get back to the playoffs. Apathy is worse than finishing last, especially before a draft with two generational talents available for the taking.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Before this game starts:

A) Has 3 point game written all over it

B) I predict Boston wins in the shootout

C) Regardless of the outcome we'll be discussing apathy in South Florida seeing as we're on the road to finishing in 9th or 10th place. We'll discuss how we cannot stand a long period of apathy before we get back to the playoffs. Apathy is worse than finishing last, especially before a draft with two generational talents available for the taking.

You gonna predict a Philly win too? :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad