The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rf1583

Sep 13, 2013
Well I'm at the Rock trying to buy some food and drinks and the machines aren't working so I can't use my food and beverage cards. Awesome.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Greetings Devils fans!

My brother and I will be attending the December 23rd game against Carolina. We're spending 3 nights in the NY area before heading to Israel via EWR, and the timing worked perfectly to stay the night before in NJ and go to a game.

The reason for my post is that I'm getting ready to buy tickets and I'm interested in thoughts on the Goal Bars. What's the experience like? I don't know how many rinks have something like that, so assuming it's unique to Jersey is it something worth seeing a game from, or am I better off downstairs for the same price?

leftwing

May 26, 2007
Goal Bar is neat. Two bars, small food area distinct to the section. Used to be you needed to have a Goal Bar seat or Clubs to get up there, the bars have been open to general public for a while now. The broadcast also originates from there although it looks like they've moved it from inside the bar to one of the ledges outside. I'm sure whomever is doing the game still passes through the bar area during down times. Dano would hang out and chat LOL. Would definitely recommend front row (A) if you do it. Very different perspective than with even one row in front of you.

SH has Section 23 A at $67 each, which is a pretty good deal. They are off center (personally I prefer that rather than being right behind the net). The seats are suite level, in 23 you used to be looking into Vanderbeek's (former owner's) suite to the left.

If you decide to go downstairs I have two on the faceoff circle I'll get you for your budget, which is pretty well beneath SH currently.

Either way, explore the arena. I don't think we appreciate how spoiled we are here, so many arenas are concrete tunnels. There are lots of neat spaces here, wander up to the Acela, look down on the practice rink there may be juniors game on, appreciate the openness and small touches like the local jerseys, etc. They really did an excellent job on building design.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Goal Bar is neat. Two bars, small food area distinct to the section. Used to be you needed to have a Goal Bar seat or Clubs to get up there, the bars have been open to general public for a while now. The broadcast also originates from there although it looks like they've moved it from inside the bar to one of the ledges outside. I'm sure whomever is doing the game still passes through the bar area during down times. Dano would hang out and chat LOL. Would definitely recommend front row (A) if you do it. Very different perspective than with even one row in front of you.

SH has Section 23 A at $67 each, which is a pretty good deal. They are off center (personally I prefer that rather than being right behind the net). The seats are suite level, in 23 you used to be looking into Vanderbeek's (former owner's) suite to the left.

If you decide to go downstairs I have two on the faceoff circle I'll get you for your budget, which is pretty well beneath SH currently.

Either way, explore the arena. I don't think we appreciate how spoiled we are here, so many arenas are concrete tunnels. There are lots of neat spaces here, wander up to the Acela, look down on the practice rink there may be juniors game on, appreciate the openness and small touches like the local jerseys, etc. They really did an excellent job on building design.

Well said.

The Goal Bar is a good place to watch the game and hang during intermissions.
At $67 each, it's worth it IMO.

The Restaurant is the high end section of The Rock, it's no longer the Acela Club but sponsored by the Ryland Inn.
Most fans are not even aware of it, that view of the practice rink is cool for sure.
There are some tables right next to the window there near the bar where you can order dinner off the bar menu and sometimes watch a NJIT or youth hockey game going on.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Pretty sure someone here asked for an update on the Indigo Hotel once it was completed. I walked by the building last night before the game and it is indeed up and running. Did not go inside, but there is a ground floor restaurant called Alva New American Tavern at the rear of the building which is open for business. There is also a rooftop bar (with an indoor section) and a snack/coffee stand in the lobby both operated by the Alva owners.

Alva Tavern (plus rooftop bar and lobby stand) website: http://www.alvatavern.com/

Pictures from Blackwood Hospitality (owner of the above eateries) facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/blackwoodhospitality

Pictures of Hotel Indigo lobby from its facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hotel-Indigo-Newark-Downtown/368601029971274?sk=photos_stream

Also a good article about the hotel and its eateries: http://www.newarkinc.com/thomas_edison_theme_runs_throughout_newark_hotel

Construction of the Indigo Hotel was funded by both public and private programs, according to Amer Hanini of the Hanini Group, LLC. The Hanini Group received a $14 million dollar loan from the New Jersey Devils co-owner Joshua Harris in order to finish Alva American Grill.

Rock Plaza Lofts also rented out its last vacancy on the Market Street side (and possibly Edison Place as well) to Redd's Restaurant & Bar. It already has a location in the Meadowlands and the Market Street signage indicated that there will be banquet space. The ground floor is contiguous between Market Street and Edison Place - would not be surprised if this restaurant runs the length of the building and has entrances on both streets.

http://www.reddsrestaurant.com/

The Novelty Burger location is still under construction but a new sign for them went up so that is still happening.

On the negative side of the ledger, the Rita's up the street on the opposite side of Market Street closed. Not a huge surprise as it was a bit further up the 'wrong' side of the street and relatively isolated. The Brick City Bar & Grill location also remains dormant for now.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Pretty sure someone here asked for an update on the Indigo Hotel once it was completed. I walked by the building last night before the game and it is indeed up and running. Did not go inside, but there is a ground floor restaurant called Alva New American Tavern at the rear of the building which is open for business. There is also a rooftop bar (with an indoor section) and a snack/coffee stand in the lobby both operated by the Alva owners.

Alva Tavern (plus rooftop bar and lobby stand) website: http://www.alvatavern.com/

Pictures from Blackwood Hospitality (owner of the above eateries) facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/blackwoodhospitality

Pictures of Hotel Indigo lobby from its facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hotel-Indigo-Newark-Downtown/368601029971274?sk=photos_stream

Also a good article about the hotel and its eateries: http://www.newarkinc.com/thomas_edison_theme_runs_throughout_newark_hotel

Rock Plaza Lofts also rented out its last vacancy on the Market Street side (and possibly Edison Place as well) to Redd's Restaurant & Bar. It already has a location in the Meadowlands and the Market Street signage indicated that there will be banquet space. The ground floor is contiguous between Market Street and Edison Place - would not be surprised if this restaurant runs the length of the building and has entrances on both streets.

http://www.reddsrestaurant.com/

The Novelty Burger location is still under construction but a new sign for them went up so that is still happening.

On the negative side of the ledger, the Rita's up the street on the opposite side of Market Street closed. Not a huge surprise as it was a bit further up the 'wrong' side of the street and relatively isolated. The Brick City Bar & Grill location also remains dormant for now.

Happy to hear that Redds is coming in.
I used to patronize their meadowlands location all the time before games and also for lunch when I worked in that area.

IMO, Its a matter of time when Houlihans or TGI Fridays buys the BCG&G space.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Happy to hear that Redds is coming in.
I used to patronize their meadowlands location all the time before games and also for lunch when I worked in that area.

IMO, Its a matter of time when Houlihans or TGI Fridays buys the BCG&G space.

Might be an echo chamber, but have been hearing the same rumors about Fridays coming in.

As an update, it appears that the Redd's location will be using the beer garden concept originally rumored for the space between BCB&G and Taste Venue (formerly Loft 47) a few years back:

http://i.imgur.com/Wjvib6H.jpg

The original beer garden proposal was by the BCB&G owners, so they went from plans for two places to being out altogether. Pretty sure the ground floor where Redd's is going has access to Championship Plaza from that alleyway behind Dino BBQ and Edison Ale House.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Might be an echo chamber, but have been hearing the same rumors about Fridays coming in.

As an update, it appears that the Redd's location will be using the beer garden concept originally rumored for the space between BCB&G and Taste Venue (formerly Loft 47) a few years back:

http://i.imgur.com/Wjvib6H.jpg

The original beer garden proposal was by the BCB&G owners, so they went from plans for two places to being out altogether. Pretty sure the ground floor where Redd's is going has access to Championship Plaza from that alleyway behind Dino BBQ and Edison Ale House.

With Redd's coming in, I don't think the market even needs another bar at the current BCB&G spot.

Between EAH, Loft 47/Taste Venue, Redd's, Dino BBQ, the new Indigo Hotel Bars, and Monk Room there are enough bars near The Rock.
You could even factor in Hells Kitchen and Bellos on the other side of Rt.21.
*Mercato Tomato Pie is more a restaurant that happens to sell beer/wine.
I keep forgetting about Joe's Crab Shack too on Broad & Lafayette, has anyone pregamed there yet?

The only space I'd love to get filled and re-opened as a bar is at Green & Mulberry, the defunct Arena Bar.
Hundreds of fans walk by it to and from games each night.

The BCB&G spot could work if it offers something different than the rest.
Maybe a chain such as Fridays or Houlihans can pull in people by name recognition.
I'd prefer a Buffalo Wild Wings or a Hooters.

GhostofKenKlee

Redd's took down alot or most of the Devils things they had once they moved to Newark.

Use to always park at Redd's for Giants games when I use to go.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

How safe is the area around Prudential Center? Where are the cheapest, safest and convenient place to park your car?

How long does it take for the Devils or visiting teams to come out of the stadium after the game? Does the visiting team ever sign autographs once they are leaving the stadium near Edison Street?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
How safe is the area around Prudential Center? Where are the cheapest, safest and convenient place to park your car?

The Prudential Center is located in Newark's protected "Green Zone". You wont have any problems if you're going to the arena as it's quite safe. Obviously do not 10 or 12 block walk at 10pm after the game lets out = common sense.

How long does it take for the Devils or visiting teams to come out of the stadium after the game? Does the visiting team ever sign autographs once they are leaving the stadium near Edison Street?

The same as anywhere else. I have seen the visiting team sign for fans in away jerseys. It's not uncommon, but keep in mind it's not like the home team given the home team lives there. If there's a tight flight, they're not going to dawdle, but the one thing you have going for you in that regard is that EWR is literally < 10 minutes from the arena.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Speaking of sponsorships, anyone notice that Infinity now sponsors the "East Suites"? These are the suites on the Mulberry side of the building. Saw the sign on my way up and I hadn't seen it before, but good to see a new sponsorship. I think all the suites used to be sponsored by Ford and Lincoln Mercury, but it seems like only Ford sponsors us now for the Score-O replacement.

Also, I was fortunate enough to get a heck of a deal on a restaurant seat from Devils Dominion tonight and let me say I was blown away by the food. If you haven't been up there yet, treat yourself to the pregame buffet if you don't want to pay to sit for the game. Huge antipasto selection, pasta and jambalaya station, sliders and hot dogs, salads (which Salvador came and hit up), but the star of the evening was the hot entree section with stuff like chicken florentine and Chilean sea bass. Plus fresh mini pies, cake, cupcakes, ice cream bar, and chocolate dipped pretzels for dessert.

I haven't hit the "food wall" in a while but halfway through my 3rd plate I wanted to eat more but couldn't. The service was also really good, and they never let any food run out.

GhostofKenKlee

Safer than behind the Bell Centre that's for sure. If you go to games in Montreal, it's a safer enviorment that what lies in Griffintown/Little Burgundy back there.

Parking is not an issue you will alot of lots around Federal Government buildings on and off Broad st. You will find the price nice as well.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Is Chipotle busy before a game? I've never actually had it before so I was thinking of finally stopping in before one of this weekends games.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Is Chipotle busy before a game? I've never actually had it before so I was thinking of finally stopping in before one of this weekends games.

You can use the mobile app and order in advance with a scheduled pick up time if you're concerned. Walk right to the front and get it.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Goal Bar seats are my favorite as far as sight lines go.

Well said.

The Goal Bar is a good place to watch the game and hang during intermissions.
At $67 each, it's worth it IMO.

The Restaurant is the high end section of The Rock, it's no longer the Acela Club but sponsored by the Ryland Inn.
Most fans are not even aware of it, that view of the practice rink is cool for sure.
There are some tables right next to the window there near the bar where you can order dinner off the bar menu and sometimes watch a NJIT or youth hockey game going on.

Thanks so much for the advice guys. Got those section 23 row A ones. $117 face, paid $65, so pretty damn good.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Another quick question. So the tickets say 'AV$15' on them. Does that mean anything, like Added Value $15 or something. Wondering if maybe there is spending money included in the ticket, don't want to pass on a free beer and a half if it's there for the taking :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Thanks so much for the advice guys. Got those section 23 row A ones. $117 face, paid $65, so pretty damn good.

Have a good time.

Note that your seats do not include any free food nor drink.
***I am not sure what the AV15 means on your ticket.
When you arrive to the Goal Bar, ask one of the attendents or a bar tender there.
You wouldn't want to lose out on something you're entitled to! :)

There are lots of bars and eateries around The Rock and also in the nearby Ironbound section (known for Spanish & Portuguese food) which is walkable to The Rock.
Ex: Fornos of Spain

If you like pizza, try The Monk Room or Mercato Tomato Pie.
Both are very close to The Rock.

About 2 blocks away is an old school/authentic Jewish Deli called Hobbys.
Great food & they also serve booze.

Dinosaur BBQ is a stone's throw from The Rock, get seated by 5pm if you plan to dine there.

The usual pregame drinking crowds can be found at Taste Venue (formerly Loft 47), Edison Ale House, Hells Kitchen and Bellos Pub.

You can find their websites and reviews doing a google search.

Arena doors will open at 5:30, there are plenty of good & diverse options at the arena concession stands but of course there is a higer markup/price point.

Last edited:

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Another quick question. So the tickets say 'AV$15' on them. Does that mean anything, like Added Value $15 or something. Wondering if maybe there is spending money included in the ticket, don't want to pass on a free beer and a half if it's there for the taking :laugh:

If you're in the goal bar, that's $15 to spend at any of the concession stands on food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad