The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread Pt. II

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
What's the point in starting another thread when the other one worked just fine?

Do you work for the team?

Threads 1000+ posts are closed to keep from slowing the site...

I'll ask again to anyone that might know.

Any idea when Tim Murray, Pierre Dorion or any of the other Sens scouts are going to be on the Team again? I think Tim does a weekly thing and I was wondering when that is.

Anyone? :)

Kenny Bania

Thats gold Jerry!
Jun 4, 2010
Threads 1000+ posts are closed to keep from slowing the site...

I'll ask again to anyone that might know.

Any idea when Tim Murray, Pierre Dorion or any of the other Sens scouts are going to be on the Team again? I think Tim does a weekly thing and I was wondering when that is.

Anyone? :)

I only can speak for the Healthy Scratches as that is the only show I occasionally stream, but the Murrays haven't been on in quite awhile. Pierre Dorion was last on June 1st. The audio stream is still on the Team 1200's facebook page.

I check the Sens twitter page daily and they are pretty good about announcing upcoming front office radio interviews (which is how I found out about Dorion).

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
633748533114571260-sarcasm.jpg

Spex

Feb 2, 2009
Is it me or does anyone else get annoyed when Steve Lloyd reads every email from start to finish? It doesn't matter if it's 5 words or 5 paragraphs, he reads it all.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I'm sure it was not the Team 1200's decision (hope not anyway) but it was someone's bad call to have the Philadelphia announcers do the radio feed last night. I happened to be in the car at the time of Kane's goal and apart from the confusion regarding whether it was in the net, it was called like someone's dog died - total mood killer. If it's a potentially Cup-winning game, the national radio feed should either use the potentially winning team's announcers, or else they should spring for a neutral broadcast team like they used to.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
I'm sure it was not the Team 1200's decision (hope not anyway) but it was someone's bad call to have the Philadelphia announcers do the radio feed last night. I happened to be in the car at the time of Kane's goal and apart from the confusion regarding whether it was in the net, it was called like someone's dog died - total mood killer. If it's a potentially Cup-winning game, the national radio feed should either use the potentially winning team's announcers, or else they should spring for a neutral broadcast team like they used to.

:laugh: I wanted to hear they're GWG Call... I was listening to it for the first goal, and it was laughable how unenthusiastic they were. Anyone got any audio from the GWG flyers feed?

The home team radio feed was used for each game... but I agree that the NHL-XM Feed should've been used.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
I left my friends place after the 3rd and listened on the way home...Kane scored about 2 mins before I got home...It took the next 2 mins before it was actually confirmed that the puck was in...Horrible call on the play...What kind of play by play doesnt get even a LITTLE bit excited when The Stanley Cup has just been won?

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
I left my friends place after the 3rd and listened on the way home...Kane scored about 2 mins before I got home...It took the next 2 mins before it was actually confirmed that the puck was in...Horrible call on the play...What kind of play by play doesnt get even a LITTLE bit excited when The Stanley Cup has just been won?

Exactly! I know that I'd be ****ting my pants regardless of what team I work for..

CapitalCityGoofball

Mar 23, 2009
Attention Team1200 Managment:
The delay on Jim Jerome's feed is incredibly annoying. He constantly chimes in to conversations late or is cut off by the guys in Ottawa. The experiment has failed.

Either eliminate the delay, or eliminate him.

Thank you.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Figured I'd post it here...

Tim Murray on the Team:

On last night: Neither game was pretty. Both teams looked like they were just trying to stick around. Those games are hard to explain, they tend to happen more on the round...the LA game was a little better. Figured both teams would probably been disapointed with their effort last night.

On offense: Thinks its a matter of simplifying, cut down on fancy back passes. Getting more pucks to the net and getting more traffic...considered it one of those nights last night.

On rough third periods: Game tightens up a bit, less scoring. Basically avoided this question, can't blame him either.

On Erik Karlsson and what they want him to do in the press box: Were not sitting him to make him watch, they think he needs time to step back. Wasn't good Defensively for 3 or 4 games...he's a good player and needs to live up to expectations. Not sure if he was acting like he was struggling. Made it seem like they're just trying to get a message across to him.

On Bingo Sens:
Happy about Butler obviously. But it's their job to evaluate whether it's a hot streak or how fluky is it? They expect he'll slow down but they don't think it's a flash in the pan. There are some nights where his coach wants him to do more so they don't feel he's completely ready. The way he shoots he can be an NHL scorer. Locke looks for Butler a lot. If you bring these guys up you prefer that they are put in scoring roles, conversely what often happens in the worst case is the team gets down, they don't feel safe putting a new player out their in a close game and they remain on the 4th...their hoping for something in the middle ground.

On Bingo in general:
-We;ve had several people down there to watch. Tim's happy overall. Downside is they have 2-3 guys have to sit every night which is hard on the coach as well. Overall, guys are improving. Obrien and Condra are huge improvements. Barry Brust is a nice story right now. Top to bottom very pleased with Bingo, we've got high expectations and it could take more time for everything to continue to gel. From Ottawa's POV Bingo is going well now.

On Coach KK: We were looking for someone that can teach with a positivity to him. Kurts been good, very positive, his positivity actually conterbalances Tim's personality, implyin that he's more negative after losses and such. His atittude will help these players when they have to face trying times throughout the year.

On Bingo in Ottawa tomorrow night:
Thinks it's a great opportunity to showcase themselves infront of a decent crowd, being in the facility and the professional atmosphere. It's a good look at what several of them are capable of achieving.

On trade:
-Hands are tight, all teams hands are tied. We have to be careful with cap space.

CapitalCityGoofball

Mar 23, 2009
Listened to a bit of Team 1200 the last couple of mornings and to me it's obvious Jim Jerome has got to go.

Listening to AJ and Angry Al (who I don't like) is actually...refreshing. They actually talk about SPORTS. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't radio history. But it was listenable again for once.

I think JR and Steve in the morning would be great...two people with brains.

Jungle has got to go.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Attention Team1200 Managment:
The delay on Jim Jerome's feed is incredibly annoying. He constantly chimes in to conversations late or is cut off by the guys in Ottawa. The experiment has failed.

Either eliminate the delay, or eliminate him.

Thank you.

You know what is up w/ JJ anyway - he joins the show from Edmonton and he gets in whenever the hell he wants to ? What kind of salary could he possibly be making for a job that he doesn't need to be in the office? I've never understood that - or why they don't just replace him with someone local.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Its pretty strange that they can put together great shows like Healthy Scratches but still haven't fixed TGOR. Maybe it gets good ratings?
I can't stand listening to it

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
For the most part I cant stand TGOR...Steve & JR can get kind of annoying pretty quick and Jungle is terrible...He was MUCH better when he used to come on once or twice a month, drop a few jokes, talk like Hasek and be done with it...

The only part worth listening to in TGOR is the segment with Pierre McGuire...and although I find both of their voices annoying, Sports Call is a better show than TGOR

Spex

Feb 2, 2009
Listening to AJ and Angry Al (who I don't like) is actually...refreshing. They actually talk about SPORTS. .

You mean AJ talks sports. Didn't catch them yesterday, but caught today's show. To me, Angry Al sounded a lot like Kulka.

You could tell he didn't do any show prep and when he talked about sports, he either said plainly obvious stuff over and over again ("In a salary cap world, it's hard to make trades", "You don't trade players, you trade contracts"), talked very vaguely about things (example: Saying Edmonton's made a lot of bad choices in signing defenseman, but not naming any names) or he simply deferred or asked questions to AJ instead of trying to give his own input.

I've asked this question time and time again and I know he's pals with Jim, but how did Angry Al go from being a regular caller to filling in on arguably the best timeslot on the TEAM 1200 schedule?

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
yorkie is the guy i like to listen to most. he has better grammar and diction than galley had.

JoeSakic

Aug 15, 2006
Don't know that I can listen to Al for very long. I think he would head down the path of Kulka...and Lord knows very few can listen to Kulka.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Angry Al should be nowhere near a radio station or any position requiring elocution.

AJ is fine...when he talks sports.
Having to sit through 15 minutes of Jif Peanut Butter talk and so on is painful.

Memo to the hosts:

I don't care about your personal lives or foibles, just as you likely don't care about your listeners'. Stick to sports, be professional and talk Senators non-stop and at least I will be a very happy camper.

kyle747

May 10, 2005
Angry Al should be nowhere near a radio station or any position requiring elocution.

AJ is fine...when he talks sports.
Having to sit through 15 minutes of Jif Peanut Butter talk and so on is painful.

Memo to the hosts:

I don't care about your personal lives or foibles, just as you likely don't care about your listeners'. Stick to sports, be professional and talk Senators non-stop and at least I will be a very happy camper.

Agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad