Confirmed with Link: The Official NO MORE SUSTR THREAD!!!! (1 yr deal with Ducks)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Question: At their worst, who was worse, Matt Carle or Andrej Sustr?

Remember when those two were an actual pair?

How did we not fire Rick Bowness sooner?

Reactions: Hit The Lights

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Sustr was worse.

And I thought pairing them with TKO was a brilliant idea because they'd spend like 95% of their time in the offensive zone and literally never had to play any kind of defense. If anything I felt like Cooper found a loop hole. How could Carle and Sustr screw anything up if all they had to do was just stand at the blue line and sometimes be ready for a pass and make a pass?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

I'd say Sustr was clearly worse of the two until Carle's last season with us. He was still an NHL level player before that, but obviously a 5.5 mil salary makes it look worse. But that last season was just something else, he went what, 45-50 games without a point? That while being trash defensively.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Ahh memories of legendary giraffism. The puck is literally feet away and somehow Keith gets there first

No mention of Paquette getting walked or not playing the body to allow Keith the free rebound or Bishop gifting the rebound right to Keith? Not surprised.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
NO! MOAR!! Here's Sustr's legendary -2 performance in just 3:45 TOI

Interesting because I see Hedman scoring in his own net on one and leaving his man wide open on the other, he was also nowhere to be found on the game tying goal by Dubinsky. Guys are gonna wish we had Sustr when we are trotting out Girardi or Dotchin next year.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
He'll do better in the West. Carle at his lowest point with the Lightning was worse than Sustr at his worst.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
PiercingSecondhandBellfrog.gif

Came across this. Bishop has to make a save while being teabagged by Sustr.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'd say Sustr was clearly worse of the two until Carle's last season with us. He was still an NHL level player before that, but obviously a 5.5 mil salary makes it look worse. But that last season was just something else, he went what, 45-50 games without a point? That while being trash defensively.
Yeah I remember that because agirl at my school lived next door to matt Carle and tried to convince me and my hockey fan teacher that he was good but for the longest time that season bishop had more points than him lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad