Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Last edited by a moderator:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Watching the series I was wondering where Drouin was, just figured he was injured without researching it. This sounds a lot like how Roy treated Tyson Barrie, lots of scratches and being sent to the AHL. He eventually fought through it.

I'm a Colorado fan, but I'm moving to St. Petersburg in about a month in a half. So I'll definitely be rooting for Tampa as my east coast team per say lol.

That's quite the move.
You'll enjoy the city, it's wonderful

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I wonder where Drouin's development would be if he were on Nashville right now, he'd have 2 full seasons with top-line minutes under his belt by now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I bet Trotz would have scratched him that whole first season, so probably not a whole lot further.

I think this Drouin is hulk angry crap is manufactured. I mean I'm sure he is upset and prideful, but not to that degree.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Christ, I was wondering where he was. Thought for sure he was injured, but no. Benched?! :facepalm:

Really harsh :(

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
The bad part about Game 2's result is that Drouin will never get in now.

Cooper is not bold enough to make changes when the team wins. Just because you win, doesn't mean there are things/players that can improve.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
That Morrow penalty was so ****ing dumb and all I could think was "Drouin could have played instead." I agree that it's unlikely Cooper will change anything after this win but man Morrow needs to sit.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That Morrow penalty was so ****ing dumb and all I could think was "Drouin could have played instead." I agree that it's unlikely Cooper will change anything after this win but man Morrow needs to sit.

Morrow and Namestnikov were probably our only two forwards who didn't play well. Morrow could have had at least a couple more penalties than he had. The elbow he threw was just ridiculous though.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Next year he will walk away as RFA ?

Yeaaaaahhhh no.

This is his first pro year. He's got 2 left on his entry level contract. And the team isn't letting him walk away.

Drouin will break out next year on Stamkos' wing and all will be forgotten, bank it.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
He could get in now that Paquette is injured and if he misses some games. Call me crazy if you want but I actually hope Paquette misses some time if it gives Drouin a chance because Paquette hasn't been very good in these playoffs.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
He could get in now that Paquette is injured and if he misses some games. Call me crazy if you want but I actually hope Paquette misses some time if it gives Drouin a chance because Paquette hasn't been very good in these playoffs.

I think Paquette has been a key contributor to the team this playoffs. There's more to the game than big hits and scrums. His play on the PK has been nothing short of fantastic really.

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site

Yes, exactly. The double standards are infuriating. If Drouin took a penalty like that he would never see the ice again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think Drouin deserves to get in too, but Paquette became a solid contributor after about Game 5 of the Wings series. When the chips were really on the line near the end of that series, he was right there with Boyle on the front lines of D, blocking shots and chipping pucks out.

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
Dumb question but should Jo play center once he gets stronger? Every time i watch him i feel like he needs the puck more and would be able to control the game.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
They had him playing center a bunch in Hailfax. There are some massive hurdles for that to happen though. He has to round out his game and even then we have too much depth down the middle to really flirt with making that a reality.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They had him playing center a bunch in Hailfax. There are some massive hurdles for that to happen though. He has to round out his game and even then we have too much depth down the middle to really flirt with making that a reality.

The main reason to move him to center would be if we were to move Stamkos to the wing. It would be a more traditional tandem. If Stamkos stays at center, there's no real reason to move Drouin over. It seems like, at least at one time, the plan was to have Drouin play C though, and he has a center's skillset, whereas Stamkos has the skillset you usually see in a winger.

JS91

May 14, 2014

But he is clearly a rookie which is why he has to get scratched every game for him to develop well. At least according to Cooper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad