The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like some people at least have a lot of fun with all this:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Heard something about a Montreal rumbling. Montreal would have to give up their first born if Yzerman is going to trade Drouin to a divisional rival.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
God I've been a Galchenyuk fan for year. Maybe it could work for both sides. Drouin is Québecois and Galchenyuk isn't a small skilled player. Highly doubt it would be 1 for 1 though. But both players aren't liked by their coaches. Yay fresh starts.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

Drouin's agent ****ed up. He'd probably already be traded now if it wasn't for his jackassery.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't know about that Hoek. He waited for a month for Yzerman to make a move and instead saw his client sent down to the AHL. Acting purely in the interest of his client with no ****s given for Tampa and the potential return, how else was he supposed to get Drouin moved ? Let's be honest. Yzerman hadn't been and still isn't in any hurry. I'm not a fan of the public request myself but I get why it happened.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I don't know about that Hoek. He waited for a month for Yzerman to make a move and instead saw his client sent down to the AHL. Acting purely in the interest of his client with no ****s given for Tampa and the potential return, how else was he supposed to get Drouin moved ? Let's be honest. Yzerman hadn't been and still isn't in any hurry. I'm not a fan of the public request myself but I get why it happened.

He screwed up. Drouin has done nothing in the NHL. He has not proven himself. He has only earned a shot at playing professional hockey. His agent outed him as a player who expects things to be handed to him.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
He screwed up. Drouin has done nothing in the NHL. He has not proven himself. He has only earned a shot at playing professional hockey. His agent outed him as a player who expects things to be handed to him.

And ? His job is to get Drouin what he wanted which was a trade. His job is not to make Drouin super popular among GMs and fans. He did his job.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Going public like that will always taint a player in every GM's eyes. They don't want players they think are primadonnas.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
And ? His job is to get Drouin what he wanted which was a trade. His job is not to make Drouin super popular among GMs and fans. He did his job.

He made Drouin less desirable. Other teams less likely to pay what Yzerman wants in return.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He made Drouin less desirable. Other teams less likely to pay what Yzerman wants in return.

Yeah - but that's not a bad thing necessarily from Drouin/agent perspective. They want him moved and playing in the NHL - they don't care about the return for him.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

He's not saying that he didn't do his job. He's saying that he didn't do a good job because he is supposed to help his client into a situation that benefits him because not only does it get him more money when that time comes but it also gets the agent more money too. His reputation is on the line too.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Yeah - but that's not a bad thing necessarily from Drouin/agent perspective. They want him moved and playing in the NHL - they don't care about the return for him.

Obviously. But if a deal doesn't get done because Stevie won't take a bad trade, then Drouin and his agent stay where they are.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Right. The point is he just actually made it harder for his client to move and play in the NHL.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Dont see how we can get him from Montreal. If they want to trade for Drouin because they need more offense then why would they trade Galchenyuk?

Is he growing out of favor with them?

Supposively him and the coach aren't seeing eye to eye.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Supposively him and the coach aren't seeing eye to eye.

It's basically like the Drouin situation. Coach has his favorites and Galchenyuk is never going to be one of them. The difference is that Therrien loves small skill guys preferably Québecois so Drouin could be his new Desharnais.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad