Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
"I'm scratching three forwards, one of them being one of the better offensive forwards we have, during an entire period where we are in desperate need to score a goal and win in regulation. This is exactly what the team needs."

Seriously, what kind of brain dead stupid f***hole shit is this? I will never be a coach or know how to be coach, but I know I'm not this stupid.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"I'm scratching three forwards, one of them being one of the better offensive forwards we have, during an entire period where we are in desperate need to score a goal and win in regulation. This is exactly what the team needs."

Seriously, what kind of brain dead stupid f***hole shit is this? I will never be a coach or know how to be coach, but I know I'm not this stupid.

Oh yeah? Well, name a single team that has ever won by scoring

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Oh yeah? Well, name a single team that has ever won by scoring
If you can name one, it won't be a Tortorella coached tea. Just about everywhere he goes stagnant scoring is a component of his clubs. As is angry players. He's applauded to changing the culture of the club but if it causes constant clashes with players, is that worth it? There has to be other ways to create a positive culture and responsibility than his way. He's so abrupt that he almost sent Henrik Lundqvist back to Sweden rather than to continue playing for him. Lundqvist is hardly the poster boy for clubhouse rebellion.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Can we have a fire Rocky Thompson thread too?

Work in progress “all year?” How about 2 years now running, Rocks for Brains.

IMG_7064.jpeg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'd be willing to bet on it.
Only thing that could prevent it is they have too many bodies that they can’t/won’t move. There’s really only one spot and it’d require moving Sanheim back to the left.

Sanheim
York
Drysdale
Seeler
Risto (if he’s alive)

Bubble:
Zamula
Attard (waivers)
Ginning

Reactions: freakydallas13

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Only thing that could prevent it is they have too many bodies that they can’t/won’t move. There’s really only one spot and it’d require moving Sanheim back to the left.

Sanheim
York
Drysdale
Seeler
Risto (if he’s alive)

Bubble:
Zamula
Attard (waivers)
Ginning
My conspiracy is the team knows how cooked (via injuries) Risto is, they just aren't telling us.

And so in their minds they need to replace him, which means they'll be gunning hard to sign Walker July 1st.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Is this confirmed? I haven’t read everything. But if so, this can pretty much send the end for me. Haha.
Yeah they confirmed torts will be back behind the bench again next season, what, maybe a week ago or so

• Haha
Reactions: SnS

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I'd agree with you before walker was traded, however after walker was removed and seeler came back from injury he wasn't that good, idk if he was still hurt but he looked bad
he also played very well last year without walker..he has turned hmself into an everyday nhl dman.

flyers as usual didnt sell high. dum bcontract

Disagree.

He was drug around by Walker. Considerably got worse when he was traded.
was walker around last season to carry him?

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad