Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We'll see. Where did I read that part of the reason Torts got dumped in CBJ was that he wanted to move into management and Jarmo said no way. I can see him moving into a Senior Advisor to the President role, working with Jones. They could restructure the $8M they owe him over a longer period and keep him on. They don't want to fire him, but he's really not the guy for the job long term. 5 or 6 more years of this? Pass and I think Danny thinks so too.

I have no doubt this is what he wants, and I am also sure it's what was wanted by the Cronyarchy when he was hired, but this guy poisons every well he drinks from everywhere he goes. If our esteemed management group had been paying attention to anything but the distinct fragrance of their rectal offgassings, they maybe might have noticed that instead of being super excited about how abusive he'll be to all these spoiled young no-good players.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
you best buckle in..

Torts is moving to a position above DB and Jones..

they can give him any title they want. but Torts isnt moving into management to be anyones underling
Which is why, like in Columbus, Briere and Jones will torpedo him with Hilferty.

Reactions: renberg

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I have no doubt this is what he wants, and I am also sure it's what was wanted by the Cronyarchy when he was hired, but this guy poisons every well he drinks from everywhere he goes. If our esteemed management group had been paying attention to anything but the distinct fragrance of their rectal offgassings, they maybe might have noticed that instead of being super excited about how abusive he'll be to all these spoiled young no-good players.
Really baffled that Torts would think the Flyers practice patronage....

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Yep, such a terrible guy

1711650872132.png

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Why does he get away with decided not to coach for quite a few games last season and for refusing to do press conferences? I don’t know about anyone else on this board, but I don’t get to pick and choose which rules/procedures to follow at work. I have to follow them all or I’ll be out of a job. I cannot imagine being such an egomaniac to think that the rules don’t apply to me and that I can do whatever I want. This “accountability for thee and not for me” shtick is obnoxious.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The Couturier mess might have been one bridge too far with the players. Tortorella has jacked around too many players over the last two seasons. If he’s lost the room, it would be no surprise. We’ll have to wait until TC in the fall to see if the guys are still willing to go along with his stuff. If not, and it’ll show pretty quick, Tortorella could be an early season fire.

3mFlyers

Nov 24, 2021
This Coots stuff is silly. He was playing too much early, wore down/got injured. Now he is just trying to get through the season. Nothing against him, I'm sure he is giving everything he has. He missed a whole year.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
As I read these posts I believe many have missed the mark on the Flyers downfall. Don't get me wrong I do like Briere. But, think the downfall began with the Walker trade and the injuries to Seeler and Risto. Add to that trading Gauthier for an injury prone prospect. Taking out the three defenseman that actually were better than thought. Gauthier should have been left to rot. This isn't High School sports. Your Drafted you play or rot. Trace back the defense that actually kept us in most of the games. GAA have tanked. I'll never understand trading proven defenseman for pie in the sky.

FIRE the worst PP Coach the NHL has seen. What an ANCHOR!

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad